PDA

View Full Version : Duo @ Luton...

CAP670
16th Apr 2004, 06:36
Anyone able to confirm or debunk the rumour that TBI has agreed a deal with Duo that will see it operating from Luton initially, to two or three Scandinavian destinations beginning Autumn 2004, presumably using RJs???

:confused: :confused:

Powerjet1
16th Apr 2004, 08:09
I had heard of this rumour a couple of weeks ago. Certainly there is a demand for Scandinavian destinations from LTN as none are served at present. At one point, it was thought that Ryanair would establish a daily Stockholm Skat(also run by TBI) but nothing has materialised as yet.

Duo at Luton would serve a niche market and one that would probably work quite wel l - large business market a couple of junctions up the M1 at MK plus local catchment area. Somehow though, I can't quite see it happening.

Buster the Bear
16th Apr 2004, 09:31
The Duo rumour was reported a couple of months ago.

Plenty of destinations to serve from Luton I would reckon, like Cork and Shannon for a start, add to this Scandinavia....etc

http://whipsnade.co.uk/picturelibrary/jpeg150/br/brown_bear_120_wide.jpg

LGS6753
16th Apr 2004, 19:32
Duo fly to 14 destinations from BHX. Of these, 3 are currently serviced by EZY from Luton (Berlin, Geneva & Nice).
Duo fly to 6 destinations from EDI. Of these, 2 are currently seviced by EZY from Luton (Nice & Zurich), one by Ryanair (Milan).
I would have thought Stuttgart would be a good route, because Mercedes are based at Stuttgart and MBUK at Milton Keynes. There must be quite a bit of corporate comings and goings from that one company alone.
Links from Luton to the Scandinavian capitals (Oslo, Helsinki, Copenhagen and Stockholm) would meet limited competition (EZY to CPH from STN). Also, since Buzz dropped Vienna, I don't think that's served from STN.
Let's hope this rumour's true.....

bacardi walla
16th Apr 2004, 20:05
Oh dear, NOW Airlines have lost out yet again...........:suspect:

Callum Johnstone
17th Apr 2004, 11:03
LGS6753, Duo also serves Geneva from EDI.

codpiece face
19th Apr 2004, 19:26
Finnair have been a longtime infrequent user of the airport for charters to Helsinki and didnt airtours' scandanavian arm do flights through the airport as well?. Point being there is quite possibly a demand, who would want to go to STN when you can be in London so much quicker from LTN

LGS6753
19th Apr 2004, 19:42
Just before 9/11, Luton signed a "3 year" agreement to bring a range of Scandinavian charters into Luton. In the first year, there were fairly frequent visits by MyTravel/Premiair, Malmo Aviation, Finnair and Britannia Scandinavia.
These only lasted (I think) one summer season. But they were charters - inbound tourists. I can't see Duo's flights being used by this type of passenger.
Does anyone know where these flights operate now, or have thay been superceded by locos?

LTNman
20th Apr 2004, 17:35
The word from someone in the know is that Duo have not approached LTN:{

eurostar builder
21st Apr 2004, 09:22
When are they to announce Bournemouth