PDA

View Full Version : new EZY from ncl!

simonwa
15th Apr 2004, 10:18
New routes with EZY from NCL launched today!

From Newcastle Airport website

easyJet’s sunshine flights rise and shine!

The North East wakes up to summer today (April 15) as easyJet’s first flights from Newcastle International Airport to the Mediterranean hot spots of Nice and Palma start.

Seats have been on sale since the announcement of the new routes in January this year. There are still lots of great fares to be snapped up at www.easyJet.com. Fares to Nice start from £27.99 single (£53.80 return) and to Palma from £27.99 single (£50.98 return) including taxes and charges.

Alistair Buckle, Head of Marketing at easyJet said, “Nice and Palma offer travellers in the North East two very different tastes of the Mediterranean. Our flights to Palma, the capital city of Majorca, provide a direct link to the country’s favourite holiday island destination. While Nice offers travellers a fresh Mediterranean holiday experience where they can explore the South of France and its sun soaked and sophisticated towns and beaches.”

Mike Luddy, Newcastle International Airport's commercial director said, “The launch of these exciting new routes takes the total number of easyJet flights from Newcastle International each week to an incredible 124. The massive success of the airport's easyJet operation is a combination of the airline's low-cost fares and the frequency of services and the flight times available that give our passengers unrivalled choice and convenience.”

These two exciting new destinations bring the number of easyJet routes on offer from Newcastle to 12. Within the UK, easyJet offers domestic services to Belfast, Bristol, and London Stansted. The existing overseas destinations are Alicante, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Malaga, Paris, and Prague, with services to Berlin starting on 17 May 2004.

Over One Million passengers have travelled with easyJet from Newcastle over the last Year.

Lets hope these routes are a success and more to come! Rumours abound that easy will base 6th aircraft at the end of the summer.
Route suggestions anyone???

MEFLYBE
15th Apr 2004, 14:04
Amsterdam
London LTN
London LGW
Oslo
Venice
Munich
Faro

Regards

Mike

witchdoctor
15th Apr 2004, 15:29
What a pity day 1 started with an easyjet systems glitch that delayed the first round of departures on most routes. Not sure if the Nice was one of them though.

Jamesair
15th Apr 2004, 15:37
I suggest:

Rome
Madrid
Geneva
Faro
Milan
Munich

colegate
15th Apr 2004, 18:31
How about:

Oslo
Salzburg
Bilbao
Rome
Toulouse
Dortmund

simonwa
15th Apr 2004, 20:19
Does anybody know of any load factor figures from NCL? It would be interesting to see which routes are successful and which ones are just ticking along slowly.

crewboi83
16th Apr 2004, 00:34
witchdoctor..... i was one of mant staff on check in today when the new EZY's services started and the systems went down.
Not a fan of EZY but feel i have to defend um, wasnt their fault if they took a delay in checking in, it was the whole airport systems, i work for a different airline and we had the same problem. all airport computers are linked to same server which failed several time today! All working fine last report tho for any one travelling 2moro.

FormerFlyer
16th Apr 2004, 08:16
Oslo
Oslo
Oslo
Oslo
Oslo
Oslo

My mother & brother would be proud.

cheers ;)

FF

transwede
16th Apr 2004, 08:31
Word on the street...

An italian destination, possible NAP or VCE?
Increase in frequency of popular routes to CDG and ALC.
Possible new flights to MAD, FAO and GVA!

If happens would possible mean extra 2 aircraft coming soon and serving following destinations...

Alicante
Barcelona
Malaga
Palma
Nice
Paris CDG
Belfast
Bristol
London Stansted
Prague
Berlin SXF
Copenhagen
Faro
Naples
Madrid
Geneva

Dont forget other loco services to Hanover, Dublin and Gerona by HLX, Ryanair and Air Scotland.

Quite an achievement for low cost services at Newcastle, considering 2 years ago there were none!!!!! :D

Powerjet1
16th Apr 2004, 08:51
Slightly off topic but understand easy is seriously considering a new base in Prague. Why not, it flies there from most uk bases anyway.

Jamesair
16th Apr 2004, 16:00
Transwede

I agree the take off of lowcost traffic at NCL is a fantastic achievement in just over a year.

Easyjet have stated that they want to increase frequency on :

Stansted
Paris

I note that for the last two weeks in April they have put on a fifth rotation to Stansted (until the Berlin route commences). Gives them a good chance to see if they can fill the extra flight.

Oslo would be served by Norwegian......if it happens...anyone heard any more on this?