PDA

View Full Version : New easy routes from NEMA

Powerjet1
15th Apr 2004, 09:12
New easy routes from NEMA announced to Rome & Cologne. Daily from 9 June.

GrahamK
15th Apr 2004, 09:16
Replacing the BCN and GLA routes...

stalling attitude
15th Apr 2004, 09:23
bet Baby are happy about this news

Uncle Monty
15th Apr 2004, 09:48
Maybe FR plan to do PIK from EMA.

If so, ezy's decision is entirely logical and will mean baby's joy will be shortlived.

egnxema
15th Apr 2004, 10:12
Well done easy! With EZY WW and FR competing for the Barcelona traffic and WW and EZY shadowing each others schedules on the GLA route, this move by EZY is an excellent decission.

NEW Nottingham markets, and no screaming baby.

;)

BDWW
15th Apr 2004, 11:47
Is there the possibility now that WW may add another daily Rotation to GLA to make up for the shortfall from EZY and increase frequency to BCN daily again? I'm sure more people would prefer to fly to BCN than Gerona (how many miles away is Gerona from Barcelona?)

FLYboh
15th Apr 2004, 16:05
BDWW,

Girona is around 50 miles from Barcelona. Takes about an hour on the airport coach that drops you off in the centre of the city.
Must remember that not everyone using the FR service to Girona are going to Barcelona. Quite a few will be using it to access the Costa Brava. When I went to Girona with FR I was off the plane, through arrivals and on the coach within 20 mins. Have noticed that FR now list the airport as Girona-Barcelona. Emphasising the Girona. I guess they're starting to take note of the flack they get for naming secondary airports.

I know a lot of people on here hate FR, but as a PAX I've had nothing but the best from them. Planes clean, staff friendly and flights on time. What more does a punter want?:ok:

Flightmapping
16th Apr 2004, 11:56
I'd be surprised to see FR doing EMA to PIK. Both airports are too far from city centres. There may be a good population within a radius of NEMA, but not at PIK. Its fine for a longer route, but for such a short hop, you want door-to-door.

EMACargo
16th Apr 2004, 19:25
Flightmapping i didnt realise 10 miles is too far from a city for you. EMA - Derby and 14 miles to Nottingham. Just because coventry ap is close to the city. Then again CVT aint the best is it