PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL Books

Supernova
14th Apr 2004, 17:55
Hello Everyone, I know this may not go over too well with viewers of the forum, but i'm stuck. I'm looking to purchase a copy of the JAA full course books. I'm looking at converting my FAA and Canadian ATPL to the Eastern Caribbean states ATPL but do not have the study materials. I was recently told they are basing the exams off of the JAA. If anyone is willing to allow me to copy their book please PM me.

Thanks
SN

FlyingForFun
15th Apr 2004, 08:10
I think you will find that copying the ATPL books is illegal, due to copywright laws - not to mention very impractical due to the amount of material invovled.

You may find some students who have finished the exams and are willing to sell you their books. (I would advise people against selling their books - I've found lots of useful stuff in mine whilst studying for my Flying Instructor rating - but there are people out there who do sell them.) E-Bay might be a good place to look.

Otherwise, you can mail-order the full set of books from places like Transair.

However, you should check with the Eastern Caribbean states whether you will be required to study on an approved course or not. Under JAR, almost everyone has to study an approved course, and all approved courses come with their own set of notes, so there shouldn't be any need to buy the notes separately in most cases. If the Eastern Caribbean ATPL is based on JAR, they might have borrowed this rule from JAR, too. (Aplogies if you've already researched this and found that you don't have to do an approved course.)

Good luck!

FFF
----------------