PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet to pull out of LPL?

cwllpl
14th Apr 2004, 12:24
Can anyone confirm the romour i've heard that Easyjet are to pull out of LPL, and move to an airfeild near Chester.

easyprison
14th Apr 2004, 12:38
I doubt it very much :p

shakinghead
14th Apr 2004, 15:31
Presume you mean Hawarden?
Anyway April 1st was 13 days ago.

MerchantVenturer
14th Apr 2004, 19:01
It's almost a month to the day when someone came on here and said that easyJet were to withdraw most of their a/c from BRS and relocate to EXT, which was about as likely as this rumour.

Perhaps in mid-May we can look forward to a post suggesting U2 are to withdraw from Luton.

Approach_plate
14th Apr 2004, 19:38
Apparently Easyjet are pulling out of LTN!!!!!!:ok:

unwiseowl
14th Apr 2004, 20:48
And ryanair are moving from Stansted to Cambridge. (actually, would anyone really be surprised?)

Buster the Bear
14th Apr 2004, 22:03
Moving to Hatfield, or Leavesden, or Thurleigh, or Upper Heyford, or Dunstable Downs!

master slug
14th Apr 2004, 22:07
Rumour has it BA are to pull out of Manchester.

There again they pulled out years ago.....

There called Regional Airways these days. London Airways only fly out of Heathrow and Gatwick.

Danny_R
15th Apr 2004, 00:45
Yea and i've just heard Jet2 are pulling out of LBA and moving all operations to RAF Woodvale :p :rolleyes:

eal401
15th Apr 2004, 07:28
Well I heard that flyBE are leaving Southampton and moving to Popham!

:p

Bagso
15th Apr 2004, 09:58
They may move to Manchester if they can get slots....

MAN has just slashed its landing fees (12th April) in an effort to attract large slugs of business.

That said you will now be lucky to get a slot, and if you do there is nowhere to park.

Rumour has it that MAN are courting another major low cost carrier for massive expansion.... but unless they can "up" the landing rate and put some more concrete down quick its difficult to see how this could happen !

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
15th Apr 2004, 11:27
At the risk of being serious, I believe easyJet have a 20 year deal with Liverpool Airport and would have to be in major trouble to use any "escape clauses" that there might be.

Wee Weasley Welshman
15th Apr 2004, 13:45
Not that I know anything at all but there is no reason why EZY can't have bases at LPL and MAN. Its relatively simple to set up a dual base over such a small distance - just like EDI and GLA is.

Ignoring Heathrow, as EZY will never go there, the top dozen airports in the UK by pax numbers (million) are:

*Gatwick 29.8
Manchester 19.5
*Stansted 18.7
Birmingham 8.9
*Glasgow 8.1
*Edinburgh 7.4
*Luton 6.7
*East Midlands 4.2
*Belfast 3.9
*Newcastle 3.9
*Bristol 3.9
*Liverpool 3.1

* = already an easyJet base.

Manchester and Brum seem to be the odd ones out. I wonder for how long?

Cheers

LGS6753
15th Apr 2004, 19:29
EZY certainly don't seem keen on the BAA at GLA. Their withdrawal today from EMA-GLA adds to previous comments from the orange corner about the costs of GLA. I guess the NCL base would have been EDI if the BAA had been more flexible about costs.

Oh, and BA are moving to Northolt.

FOZ
15th Apr 2004, 22:31
Perhaps a withdrawal from LPL in favour of elsewhere (Man?) with the payback to Peel being a substantial commitment at Robin Hood as a launch customer?

MAN777
15th Apr 2004, 22:39
I would like to see Easyjet at Manchester, but i think slots will be a major problem as we go into the summer months, terminal 2 could certainly do with some extra PAX in the afternoons.

Wee Weasley Welshman
16th Apr 2004, 06:50
But why would you ever want too walk out of a profitable airport where you make tons of cash from a loyal customer base established over a good few years? You'd just add a base at MAN and see how that went in addition - surely?

Cheers