PDA

View Full Version : JAA CPL Question

152wiseguy
14th Apr 2004, 11:35
Before I start I must point out that I have done several searches without finding what I'm looking for.

Please could someone let me know where it is written down e.g. JAR FCL 1....... that training for the issue of a JAA CPL, based on an FAA CPL already being held, is at the discretion of the head of training of an approved FTO.

I need to find this out for work and have been looking through the JARs for ages. Its driving me nuts.:ugh:

Thanks

Charlie Zulu
14th Apr 2004, 11:55
Hiya,

I've just found it in the UK CAA Lasors document. This document is available online at:

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS.PDF

If you click on the "Section D - Commercial Pilot Licence" under the bookmark tab of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Once there browse to Page 8 of the document and you will see "NON-JAA CPL(A) Licence" heading. Under which are a few paragraphs including:

"Undertake flying training as determined by the Head of Training of a FTO approved to conduct CPL(A) modular flying training courses, sufficient to obtain pre-entry Form 170A (to include 5 hours on a complex aeroplane type if this requirement has not been previously satisfied) and pass the CPL(A) skill test (in accordance with Appendices 1 and 2 to JAR-FCL 1.170) with a CAA Flight Examiner."

Hope this helps.

Charlie Zulu

152wiseguy
14th Apr 2004, 12:23
Cheers CZ, not sure if LASORS apply as I'm in Finland but I'm rereading JAR-FCL 1.170 and the appendices.

Charlie Zulu
14th Apr 2004, 13:33
Good luck with the JAR-FCL documentation! ;)

I should have realised you're not in the UK by your airfield identifier as your location... sorry!

It may be one of those things where the UK CAA allows the conversion, but it may be a good idea just to speak to your own aviation authority for the definitive answer?