PDA

View Full Version : Flying schools in Norfolk

laparker79
13th Apr 2004, 20:56
I'm considering doing the PPL and was wondering if anyone could recommend a school/club in Norfolk? I have no flying experience at all and funds are scarce (as always!) but would appreciate any pointers for starting a flying career in quiet Norfolk. Cheers! :confused:

flyfish
14th Apr 2004, 00:39
Hi there. Norfolk is a large county, and i would recommend 2 flying schools depending on whereabouts you live.
if you live more to the east of the county i would say Old Buckingham , and if on west with easy access to the A10 I would suggest popping across the border to Cams to Bourne airfield
i have had training from both and can give you more details if you care to PM me.

As for cost , well depending on alot of factors i would say anything from 3 to 5 grand to get your licence. there are so many things you need to look at before starting out but i guess the best bits of advice i can give you to be going on with are,
visit a few places first and get the feel for them, talk to instructors and students alike, to discuss what the course is like ,costs , type of licence ( ie nppl or jar ).never pay for a whole course upfront., and take a trial lesson to make sure flying is for you.
good luck

Justiciar
15th Apr 2004, 21:52
Check your PM!!