PDA

View Full Version : First Choice Poaching Business?

breakscrew
13th Apr 2004, 15:11
Has anyone noticed that when you search for 'Mytravel' on 'alltheweb.com' the first hit says 'Book Mytravel Holidays with First Choice'.
Is someone being devious and underhand at pinching holidays off the opposition or am I missing something? Anyone care to comment? :cool:

Crew_MYT
14th Apr 2004, 21:05
When I search the first "hit" is MYT in Denmark, then the MYTGroup website 3rd... then MYL not FirstChoice.... Just a one off maybe????

onion
14th Apr 2004, 21:15
Maybe its because First Choice have a string of high street travel agents and so your search picked out a Mytravel being sold at a First Choice travel agent.

Downwind_Left
14th Apr 2004, 22:03
For info this is the page that comes up from the search:
Book MyTravel holidays with First Choice (http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/promo23/index.cfm?&bbcam=ov_uk&bbkid=mytravel&x)

Hardly poarching business from MyTravel when First Choice Travel Shops are offering to sell you a MyTravel holiday, even though they'd prefer you book one of theirs. Just like MyTravel will do the same in reverse through Going Places shops!

LGS6753
15th Apr 2004, 19:42
It's just a come-on.

Once you're in the shop (or on the site), I would wager that the best deals are available from the parent tour operator (Lunn Poly/Thomson, Going Places/MyTravel, Holiday Hypermarket/First Choice, etc)