PDA

View Full Version : FAO MME Teesside & Other MME Folks

Pembo330
13th Apr 2004, 10:26
Hi MME,

Wondered if I could ask you a favour?

The 2005 holiday brochures are out shortly (they get earlier each year don't they) and I wondered what effect the MYT pull out will have on the initial scheduling.

Given the lateness of the decision this year, I don't think MYT had any choice but to replace a lot of the flights. But next year is different. Do we really expect to see a based JKK aircraft in 2005? Will another airline move in where MYT left off? Or will will lose our half decent summer programme next year?

Of course its too early to tell, but we should get some early indications soon with the release of the new brochures. Any information would be gratefully received here.

Thanks in advance.

mmeteesside
13th Apr 2004, 16:23
I'm not sure that MYT won't operate next summer, I think they just said it was just for this year, but hope to return to normal next year

I'll have a look anyway, but MYT's schedules aren't on their site yet

mmeteesside
MME Movements (http://www.mmemovements.tk)

LGS6753
13th Apr 2004, 16:47
My Travel cancelled their based operation from Luton at short notice last summer and replaced it with a mix of Monarch, JKK, PGT and others, although the total size reduced.
This year they seem to have stuck to the pattern of 2003 operations, with no return of MYT aircraft, just a repeat of the charters.
I guess you'll see the same at MME.
The rumours about MYT are not very positive, they have very serious financial problems, and seem to be losing market share in a shrinking market. I consider it unlikely that MYT will reintroduce owned/operated aircraft, extra outbases, etc for some years, assuming they survive their current problems.