PDA

View Full Version : How to book Duo domestic?

GoEDI
13th Apr 2004, 01:35
How do you book flights on Duo between their 2 bases of BHX and EDI? They appear on flight arrivals so I take it that means they are scheduled. I'm sure you could book them a few months ago, but now they have removed them from their website. Could be interested in booking if it were possible!?

Tiger
13th Apr 2004, 06:28
Duo don`t seem to fly a domestic network- hence your difficulty in booking flights that don`t happen to fly to those destinations.

What you will have to do is book via one of their European destinations which both EDI and BHX are served and times giving you enough time to transfer. There again fly with BA or Fly BE direct.

GoEDI
13th Apr 2004, 11:45
That is very possible, however, I would have liked to have compared prices with Duo.

wangi
13th Apr 2004, 14:46
There's a marvel of invention called the telephone. I see that Duo indeed do subscribe to the service, and have their number listed on their website - 0871 700 0700.

Not hard, is it?

GoEDI
13th Apr 2004, 15:28
It also happens to say:

If you'd like more information about any aspect of our service, please contact us on one of the numbers from the list below.

Doesn't sound like much of a booking line to me! Also why if it were possible would they only allow you to book on the phone and not over the 'net, when in this day and age that is where airlines collect all their bookings from.

gawain
13th Apr 2004, 20:18
stay cool goedi,
the bhx - edi flights are not offered on the web because......they are not for sale. Any questions then email or phone as it offers on the website, it all works fine.

Maybe in the future you will have the chance to sample duo's outstanding service on domestics, in the meantime you will have to find an excuse to travel international. Dont EXPECT us to be cheaper but DO expect us to be better.

Pleased you are interested though.

EastMids
14th Apr 2004, 09:56
Whilst not EXPECTING Duo to be cheaper, three weeks ago when I needed to travel they were cheaper BHX-GVA than EasyJet EMA-GVA. And the service almost goes without saying - Duo are almost in a class of their own right now, not just compared with the low-cos but compared with pretty much any airline.

Andy

big.al
14th Apr 2004, 11:37
EastMids (Andy) -

Obviously you've flown with DUO - they claim to offer business class service at economy prices - is this the case?

I haven't flown with them but expect to travel out to Spain in September. DUO are operating some charter flights to Murcia on their CRJ700 at a little over a hundred quid return. This is just a few pounds more than EMA/MJV with Ryanair, but I fancy trying DUO to see what they are like. Would you recommend them from your experience?

(and if anyone from DUO sees this, don't take this as a reason to put up the charter fees you are charging to Barwell..!).

Cheers.
Big.Al

wangi
14th Apr 2004, 13:25
GoEDI, my point was that the folk on the other end of that phone line will know all about EDI-BHX flights and the possibility of booking them (or not). While here you're just posting a pointless question that 2 minutes of your own inititive would have found the answer to...

Hartington
14th Apr 2004, 14:43
As far as I can see there is VB352 EDI/BHX/GVA Monday through Friday at 0605/0705.
There doesn't seem to be a return flight!

GoEDI
14th Apr 2004, 16:48
wangi, and what's wrong with trying to get a clean, sensible answer from someone who may be 'in-the-know' on this forum!?

LTNman
14th Apr 2004, 17:13
The following was posted on alt.travel.uk.air today:

I recently booked 2 relatives onto a scheduled flight with Duo Airways from Geneva to Birmingham.

When they arrived at the airport their seats were not booked, even though they had the internet booking confirmation.

The flight did not turn up that evening and after many hours wait at Geneva during which the Swiss handling agents refused to give them any information. They were eventually informed at nearly midnight that their flight had been cancelled. We actually managed to find out more info from Birmingham airport since the Duo customer sales line was closed.

Although Duo put them up at a hotel, there was no food available since by that time the restaurant had closed. So they went hungry until breakfast the next day.

They returned to Geneva the next day - information was still not available on their flight but eventually a chartered plane arrived and they got away after midday, only to find that the plane was flying to Edinburgh first to drop off passengers, thus adding even further delay.

Both relatives lost a days wages as a result of this shambles. Duo's slogan is "Experience a nicer way to fly" - Beware - it could be a nasty way to fly!

Andy

GoEDI
14th Apr 2004, 18:27
You're going to get nasty experiences like that on all airlines! Duo are probably one of the best airlines in the UK at the moment. Even if their punctuality can leave a bit to be desired some times.

Mark Lewis
17th Apr 2004, 21:31
Why is the BHX-EDI service no longer offerred for sale? It most certainly used to be?

Tiger
18th Apr 2004, 16:57
It wasn`t profitable?

BHX is a regional airport having a smaller catchment area than to London. EDI is already served by both BA and fly be; satuation of a route with 3 carriers usually has one leaving it in this case the weaker was this airline. More paxs chose the latter airlines. BHX had BA, bmi and SN on the BRU route if you look now its served by just one now. However, before SN went bust bmi pulled off the route.

Blighty Pilot
18th Apr 2004, 17:30
Unfortunatly it is a customs and excise related problem. Because we operate on a tight turnaround schedule i.e 25mins we are unable to sell the bhx-edi or edi - bhx route because we are carrying international passengers onboard (bhx-edi) has oslo pax on board and (edi-bhx) has geneva pax on board. You cannot mix international pax and domestic pax without offloading all the pax and getting them to re-clear security. Sorry about that folks but you never know it may all change when we get the saab 2000 - it may operate an edi shuttle but that is a big maybe.