PDA

View Full Version : Aircrew Notices ?

Herod
12th Apr 2004, 21:22
Am I missing something, or has the Aircrew Notices forum gone walkabout ?

EDDNHopper
12th Apr 2004, 23:11
Now here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=52) (merged with parts of "Questions", sort of).

Danny
13th Apr 2004, 11:48
Due to duplication of some forums and the need to provide an area for enthusiasts which doesn't impinge on this forum, Aircrew Notices has been renamed and moved to another category. It is now called 'Spectators Balcony' and is in the Misc. forums category.

I am also considering moving the contents of the Questions forum to the new 'Spectators Balcony' forum and anyone with questions can pose them there. For more technical queries, the Tech Log forum should be used.

Please make sure that if you have a question, whether it is from an enthusiast who is genuinely interested in some aspect of the profession or from someone who is actually in the profession and wants something more technical answered that you use the most appropriate forum.

ExSimGuy
13th Apr 2004, 14:23
Just goes to show - Sometimes Aircrew notices :) :)

touch&go
13th Apr 2004, 14:31
Danny, don't think moving question from the top of the index of forums is a good idea, some people will not understand that they must post a question on 'Spectators Balcony' and will just post it on Rumours and News this will I,m sure lead to lots of questions on R&N.

Just and idea.

with alacrity
13th Apr 2004, 16:58
On a lighter note,think about the embarrassment factor or dare I say it - career limiting move, if you are recognised as a visible member browsing a forum called Spotters Corner!:sad:

airbourne
14th Apr 2004, 09:03
Any chance of adding an Irish forum, seeing as all the Irish forums have gone belly up!? :)

Danny
14th Apr 2004, 11:03
Hey! I was a spotter once and look where it got me! :}

Same goes for my DFO. :\

Seriously though, there is nothing wrong with having the enthusiasts on the website... as long as they don't start to clog up the forums dedicated to those actually working in the industry. There is nothing more infruriating that a thread which gets taken over by the spotters trying to outshine each other with jargon and data.

There will still be pilots and others with experience around that forum to answer questions. It will be moderated and hopefully will satisfy the enthusiasts need to feel that they have somewhere to ask questions and discuss issues.

Boss Raptor
14th Apr 2004, 11:35
Me too from the age of 6 months when my parents used to live on the Bath Road, Hounslow and because I cried so much my mother used to put the pram in the garden so I could watch the planes go straight over the top...when it rained she put me in the shed (true I can assure u)...At 5 I was bought my first pair of binoculars and airband radio...

...and dare I say it (as above, in the company of the Pprune greats...) look where it got me...and seriously the knowledge and enthusiasm for the industry it still gives me I like to think has/does stand me above many :ok:

AIRWAY
14th Apr 2004, 12:28
Hey! I was a spotter once and look where it got me!

I still am, and i think i will always be, i always have my digital camera with me when flying ( my instructor will get p**** off one day ) or when i go on holidays, but im a "photography" spotter i love the photograhpy side of aviation.

:O