PDA

View Full Version : Business Air (II)

AerSligo
11th Apr 2004, 21:15
I wonder if anyone can help me out with information on "Business Air." I believe, please correct me if I am wrong, that they were bought out by bmi regional? I used to fly them regularly MAN-BFS but the route ceased not long after it appeared if I remember correctly. I know they also flew LCY-FRA with the dreaded G-GNTZ for Lufthansa and GLA-FRA at the weekend (I used to work for LH.) Any information would be greatly appreciated!

AerSligo :D

Hostie from Hell
11th Apr 2004, 21:48
Yes, they became BMC and then BMI regional.

G GNTZ was a lovely aircraft, the best BAe 146 that I ever worked on, and there have been a few!

What would you like to know?

AerSligo
11th Apr 2004, 23:19
;) G-GNTZ may have been a lovely aircraft but particularly unreliable when she flew for II. We had to deal with some very angry passengers on a regular basis, as the LCY-FRA was cancelled all too frequently as G-GNTZ had "gone tech"- one of the reasons we ended up having CL fly the route...anyway...was just wondering when the company was formed, what routes they had flown, why the MAN-BFS came and went, why II was taken over by bmi regional etc.. Service on board the Saabs was second to none and always enjoyed flying with them!

Prince Of Darkness
12th Apr 2004, 09:51
I was based in BFS flying the SAAB 340. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Some enjoyed Bizzy Air more than others! I enjoyed the experience because they were good to me, and I appreciate that.

Bizzy Air were sold by their major shareholders to British Dimland, and became British Dimland Commuter/Regional. As far as I know, the major shareholders saw a way of making a 'fast buck', and wanted out of the commuter airline business.

'Dimland also owned a considerable chunk of British Regional at that time, who were operating British Airways Express routes with ATP's, etc, on routes such as BFS-MAN. Not wanting to upset Big Airways, and also not wanting to compete against themselves, the Bizzy Air BFS Base and routes were axed.

Bizzy Air also operated Scotland-MAN and EMA passenger routes, ABZ- Esbjerg and ABZ- Sumburgh as well. The LCY-FRA service was in partnership with Lufthansa, and the MAN routes were operated in co-operation with Lufthansa, feeding passengers to/from Lufthansa flights. Bizzy also operated an extensive network at night for the Royal Mail.

I agree with the sentiment that the Cabin Service was second-to-none; It was based on the cabin service provided by Crossair. Bizzy Air Cabin Crew were a good bunch!

Like I said, I have happy memories of the place; they had a higher proportion of decent people working for them than anywhere else I have ever worked.

Hostie from Hell
12th Apr 2004, 10:37
AerSligo

Yes GNTZ went tech on occasions!

One has to bear in mind that it was the only aircraft servicing a very busy LCY-FRA route.

The only rest it ever got was about 6 hours a night!

Now, I am no expert on these matters but I would say that considering the hours the aircraft did, I dont believe it was any more reliable/unreliable than any other aircraft!;)

ps...........................

The passengers on that route were always angry, thats why we loved em so much!!!!:E

alterego
12th Apr 2004, 11:12
Hostie

It would have been even more tech if your boyfriend had sat in the left hand seat!

Hostie from Hell
12th Apr 2004, 11:56
alterego

Care to explain further?

You have me confused:confused:

.......................Im a married woman, what would I be doing with a boyfriend? !

Hansard
12th Apr 2004, 13:20
Business Air cabin service was superb. Recall one flight Aberdeen-Sumburgh reclining in the leather-seated Saab, a selection of wines served from full-sized bottles wrapped in crisp white cloths, from a trolley draped in a crisp white tablecloth as if we were in a top hotel - and the cabin crew treated everyone on this relatively short flight as though they were in "First Class". Also remember Edinburgh-Dundee-Aberdeen hops. Always liked the the corporate colours/logo/image too and was sad to see them sell out.

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
12th Apr 2004, 13:28
just wonderin how many of you ppruners from buzzy air (pilots and hosties) used to go in/out of MAN between 96-98 ?

curious as i used to work on them there (eng cover)

richterscale10
12th Apr 2004, 14:23
I woz with Bizzy Air ex EMA - from 1993 - to the takeover by bmi and I thought it was one of the best times in my aviation career!!!!!
Crews all a good bunch............. and the cabin service was second to none!!!!! New beers/wines every month, real cutlery and china...bloudy hard work in the back - and loud! But a great time........
quite a few of us are still floating around the skies still.........

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
12th Apr 2004, 19:48
Forgot to add-

If mr bell up at ABZ reads this - have been trying to get in touch but lost your email address and as for trying to catch you in the office - your a busy chap !

If you are reading and can drop me a PM i will explain who i am an why i am trying to get in touch - but remember the chap that used to fix your saab at man and used your flight sim panels ??hopefully you do anway ! :) :D

AerSligo
13th Apr 2004, 08:35
Dear All
Many thanks for your responses thus far! As I suspected, people seem to have fond recollections of Business Air - both the passengers and the staff!
Was BFS-MAN the only ex BFS route?
Thanks
AerSligo

:D

Dash-7 lover
16th Apr 2004, 16:35
G-GNTZ is happily flying for BACX and is currently half way to ZRH.....