PDA

View Full Version : replacing log book

Ebee
11th Apr 2004, 12:39
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me out. I have recently lost my log book and am in the process of replacing it. LASORS publication states that I must go to a comissionar of oaths and swear that everything in my new log book is correct to my knowledge. This isn't an issue, what does confuse me however is instructors signatures. Do I have to run around and find all my previous instructors and get them to sign off my flights again? Problem is that much of my flying was done with UAS and the last I heard my instructor has been posted in Pakistan!!!!! Obviously this creates a problem!
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice.

Cheers

JeroenC
13th Apr 2004, 01:53
Sorry to hear about your log, I know how annoying it is, it has happened to me too a couple of weeks ago!
Altough I only have a PPL (yet), I too will get a "Sworn Affodavit" or something.

The CAA told me that one doesn't need all the signatures and the like, that's covered by the lawyer who signs your "affodavit". It sounds rather easy for frauds to me, but that's their problem.

However, I send them an e-mail asking if I have/can write my flown hours in my new log, because on the phone they said I shouldn't, I should start over from scratch. But I want a complete log! They haven't replied yet.

Suc6 in your efforts, it's a hassle!