PDA

View Full Version : Cathay

pilotatlast
10th Apr 2004, 17:08
I know there is a lot of info. on Cathay and I just wanted to check that what I know is correct.
Join CX as a second officer on passenger fleet in Hong Kong.....do a minimum of 18 months before assesed for upgrade to F/O....then depending on expansion etc will get upgraded to F/O and can then bid for F/O base. My aim would be to get to London but I believe this has a long waiting list.
Once you have done your time and are suitable for command you then have to return to HongKong for your command and then after a few years can bid to move base again. time to command about ten years from upgrade to F/O.

flyingkiwi
11th Apr 2004, 02:29
Yup sounds pretty close but depending on expansion time to command is from date of joining not your f/o upgrade

bonajet
11th Apr 2004, 07:51
I think that the long wait for London bases applies to Captains. On the 400 there are (approx) the same number of FOs as Captains on a European base when from a crewing angle you'd expect 2:1. Also very few FOs based in Europe on the Airbus.

Felix Lighter
11th Apr 2004, 09:21
Correct.

SO-JFO: currently 3yrs but should reduce to 2yrs'ish.

SFO-CAPT: 11yrs from joining....also reducing (by how much is uncertain, depending on retirement age/expansion issues)

LON Basing: 744F basings were recently advertised. EUR (LON/AMS) FO basings are also currently available.

apollon
12th Apr 2004, 02:06
What are the European bases for the A-340?