PDA

View Full Version : FCA new type

FormerFlyer
10th Apr 2004, 06:39
Well I've now heard from a few different reliable sources that FCA are to get a new type for 2005. How many isn't clear, but the main focus is the Orlando run.

They are saying it is larger than anything they currently have, will not have your normal charter seat pitch and is being used primarily to attack Virgin's dominance on the route.

So ladies & gentleman - what is it? Anyone know for sure - spread the word as I sure as heck can't find out and I work for FC myself.

cheers ;)

FF

Mark McG
10th Apr 2004, 08:39
3 767-300's to enter the fleet next year, all fitted out with a new style interior based on that of the 777. Reading the Boeing press release, this seems to be quite an innovative product for a charter airline, when compared with the cram em in philososphy used on longhaul charter just now.

http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2004/q1/nr_040330g.html

EGCC
10th Apr 2004, 11:39
The 767-300's will be ex Vietnam Airlines. The cabin will also have PTV's. Think that they are due to be in service by summer 2005.

FormerFlyer
10th Apr 2004, 19:00
Thanks for the info there - interesting to see.

Was just wondering if either of you, or anyone else knows if the seat pitch is going to be any better than regular charter - that's what we've heard on the vine of grapes but who knows?!

cheers ;)

FF

EGCC
10th Apr 2004, 22:05
An insider at First Choice has said that seat pitch is likely to be comparable if not better than that offered by BA and VS in economy. Nothing official annouced except that passengers will have more 'room'.

BoeingBoy
11th Apr 2004, 08:18
Speaking as staff I can tell you that the above descriptions of the ex-Vietnamese 767's are correct. We don't know what seat pitch or interior fit they will have but are assured that the old 'cram em in' days are gone.

It is certainly true that we could fill 767's if fitted with our 'Classic Premium' seats twice over for each flight and I suspect that the new ones will be close to that fit. (Somewhere above scheduled economy and below full business in size)

They are to replace the two that we have at present but as the board of FC have said that they wish to expand long haul operations then maybe the two present ones will stay, who knows, it will depend on the lease rates and market at the time.

As for a new type then I believe Boeing are keen to get FCA as a launch customer for the 7E7 in the UK, but this is all well in the future and is certainly nothing to get excited about now.

This Charming Man
11th Apr 2004, 16:19
Long term , I believe the plan is to have 8 B767's. Longhaul is probably the only safe haven left ,away from the dent that the Locost boys have made !