PDA

View Full Version : Whos starting at AFT?

Aerofoil
9th Apr 2004, 15:56
Hi

I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who is planning on starting the full time ATPL course with Atlantic Flight Training at Coventry on May 10th?

Cheers

Dave

Peter Nielsen
10th Apr 2004, 16:57
hi dave

I did my course with AFT and they lived up to alle my expectations. Very good school,I think.
Good luck

catherine
13th Apr 2004, 06:52
I have recently started distance learning with AFT & would be interested to hear from anyone else - either full-time or distance learning.

Basically, I am looking to find out what areas I should spend alot of time on and areas when I 'skim' over as the sheer volume of info is pretty daunting!!

I think I would certainly find it useful keeping in touch with others going through the course to share tips, help with motivation etc!

Feel free to PM.

OneIn60rule
13th Apr 2004, 18:55
items you can skim over. The work load may seem huge but if you put in 5-6 hour's work every day or just 3 hour's every day after school then you'll be far better off. (3 hours a day would include your saturdays and sundays)

I'd like to key you in on something, in your notes there items that you will NEVER get asked about but it's a requirement the school has to fullfill in order to have the right to prep you for the exams.

After covering Principles of flight, which is about 300 or more pages long I can say that with the amount of highlighting I did I reduced what I had to know down to 75 pages worth.
Learning the basics before jumping into nuclear science is vital though, if you didn't get the basics then you will be lost for days/weeks. In other subjects like AIR LAW there's no such thing as knowing the "basics" in that departement you just have to know 90% of it. (The other 10% are items in the notes that are of pictorial nature)

Be warned, even if you know every single word in those books you will get questions that may overwhelm you the first time you see them. This is why I recommend getting your hands on a lot of feedback questions.

Keep up the good work.

1/60