PDA

View Full Version : Flykeen

ALLMCC
9th Apr 2004, 14:41
Announcement today on BHD's website - Flykeen to commence BHD - BLK direct service from 01 May - flights to operate Wed, Sat & Sun - according to local Blackpool press using 30+ seater a/c! - wonder what this will be!

Presumably this is in response to Flybe's withdrawal from this (summer only) route and in addition to Flykeen's existing twice daily BHD - IOM.

tallseabird
9th Apr 2004, 15:35
I think mentioning flykeen on the professional pilots rumour network is an obvious error, now if there was an amatuer pilots rumour network that would be a different matter, and they at least used to, be based at BFS.

touch&go
9th Apr 2004, 15:52
tallseabird, Flykeen have never been based at BFS so I think you may be thinking of someone else, also please expand on your comment: now if there was an amatuer pilots rumour network.

Jack Ruskin
9th Apr 2004, 16:17
Is this Keen Air based at LPL ??? Are they still operating bandits ?? Do they have a website ???

Cheers

This is a crisis
9th Apr 2004, 16:28
I talk to Flykeen pilots everyday and they are a completely professional bunch of guys. Your talk of amateur pilots tallseabird is completely off the mark.

Now if your talking about another little airline that operates out of Blackpool.........:hmm:

KYGMSY
9th Apr 2004, 17:41
tallseabird,

You'll have to tell us why you think that, having worked in their operations department for 4 years, I can honestly say that the guys at FlyKeen are the best crews I have ever worked with.

tallseabird
10th Apr 2004, 16:40
If Flykeen have never been based at BFS then I must be thinking of a different company and in that case I apologise unreservedly for opening my mouth before checking my facts - Sorry.

Tallseabird

B727
10th Apr 2004, 18:41
Shorts 360 I believe.

dada
11th Apr 2004, 06:57
will this kill off bnwa - the true bandit (S)

Jack Ruskin
11th Apr 2004, 10:33
My god - is RM still in business ????....

dada
11th Apr 2004, 12:54
click on www.flybnwa.co.uk.

Niaga Dessip
12th Apr 2004, 21:09
Jack,

Flykeen, operating from Blackpool, is connected to Keenair of LPL. Web presence at http://www.isleofman.com/travel/byair/flykeen.htm , www.flykeen.co.uk and www.Keenair.co.uk

Regards,
ND:D

cwllpl
14th Apr 2004, 07:15
keenair are no longer at lpl, pulled out last year to operate out of blackpool. still fly in as diverts and still as polite as ever. missed out though, should have stayed and carried on lpl-iom routes.

ALLMCC
14th Apr 2004, 12:45
Suspect Tall Sea Bird is confusing Flykeen with Woodgate Aviation/Executive which are based at BFS & IOM - these are operations run by Allan Keen of Euromanx - understand that there is no connection between these and Flykeen - in any case to suggest that Flykeen are anything less than professional is somewhat derogatory!

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
5th Sep 2004, 09:39
does anyone know if flykeen are still operating out of blackpool ? or what there min requirements are ??

EGCC24L
5th Sep 2004, 18:22
Yes Flykeen are still operating out of Blackpool with 1 Bandit to IOM and BHD