PDA

View Full Version : Shuttleworth Web site

Grandad Biggles
8th Apr 2004, 08:08
New Web site just launched

http://www.shuttleworth.org/main/index.htm

DeepC
8th Apr 2004, 10:22
It's quite an impressive website. Though it does need a few more pages to fill in the blanks. The events should (if possible of course) all be hyperlinked to pages describing the event. Each aircraft should have it's own page. Lots of them have but some interesting ones don't.

Have been waiting the last few days for it to open and I am very impressed with the quality of the site. I do get a weird flickering rectangle over the top of the page using IE.

DeepC

P.S. Is there any flying at Shuttleworth today? My little brothers said there might be and I might take a couple of hours off work to drop in and look.

TD&H
8th Apr 2004, 11:59
New website:

Initial impressions are pretty good. Is there any way I can minimise the top half 'Welcome to the Shuttleworth Collection' to maximise the lower half to see more on a page of the information one scrolls down through? Only get to see one a a half lines of photos to click on.

Good to see Shuttleworth is trying to keep up to date.

Regards

H

Yozzer
8th Apr 2004, 21:17
I am sure that when my Bank Manager cashes the cheque that I wrote to Shuttleworth today for the Evening Air Display 19th June 2004 he will be under the impression that it is a commercial organisation.

Cut & Paste from the website at reference:

Admission Charges for 2004
Accompanied Children (up to age 16): FREE
Senior Citizens (not event days) £6
Adults (not event days) £7.50
Parties of 20 or more (not event days) £5 each
School Parties (includes task book) £2 per student
Flying Display Days & Evenings £15
Combined Aeromodel & Flying Days £15
Aeromodelling Days £7.50
Photographic Day (24th April) £12

I think there may be a little duel standards going on here because (understandably) the ethos of Shuttleworth is in everyones interest. Aviation Art floats my boat, yet one cannot `promote` a GAvA exhibition.

Duxford_Eagles
8th Apr 2004, 22:44
Love the new site.

I popped in today to drop off my SVAS membership form and was very impressed by the new restaurant and shop. A big improvement.

Rob

DeepC
9th Apr 2004, 08:54
Yozzer,
Whilst I can sort of see your point is. There is a world of difference between a trust which charges admission fees so that it can continue it's preservation work and an exhibition in which the aim is to sell work for the benefit of the artist or owner of the pictures. When it is purely an exhibition of an owners collection of paintings/prints where the money goes to an organisation that reinvests money into a venture that directly benefits the industry as a opposed to an individual or company, then I don't see the problem of posting a link. Mods may obviously have a different view.

DeepC

CaptainFillosan
16th Apr 2004, 11:49
What a fantastic way to support the only real place that looks after our FLYING heritage. Well done everyone there for doing that.

If only I were 30 years younger! :{

TomPierce
20th Apr 2004, 13:31
A worthy site for our heritage. I MUST get up there this year. I really must go.

Grandad Biggles
26th Apr 2004, 19:47
Do you think its a good idea to have a thread established for each display this year or just one thread for the whole season?

Roll on Sunday

PPRuNe Pop
18th Aug 2004, 21:53
;)

rover73
26th Aug 2004, 18:20
While you are looking at the Shuttleworth web site, you could go and have a look at the site of the SVAS thro the collection pages