PDA

View Full Version : Nexus Airways - New Liverpool Based Airline?

dwlpl
5th Apr 2004, 18:45
I have come across a web site that goes under the name of NEXUS AIRWAYS with artwork of a linked chain and carries a strap line of 'Liverpools Link'.

Anyone know anymore re routes, aircraft etc?

lowfaresbuster
5th Apr 2004, 19:56
nexusairways.co.uk, which redrects to nexusairways.com has the following registrant:

Domain Name:
nexusairways.co.uk

Registrant:
Nexus Airways

Registrant's Address:
21 Brook Road
Maghull
Liverpool
Merseyside
L31 3EG
GB

the source code of the web page states:

"Nexus Airways, Airlines, Airports, Aircraft, United Kingdom, Aviation"><meta name="Author" content="Nexus Airways"><meta name="Description" content="Website of the UK start-up airline Nexus Airways">

worldwidelad
5th Apr 2004, 20:05
aaaahhhhh!!! i live in brook road maghull!!! i don't know where 21 is, will be searching tomorrow!!

Harrier46
6th Apr 2004, 12:04
Also trying to start up from LPL, looking for 767 or A330 aircraft for routes to USA (JFK and MCO) :

http://www.skyblueatlantic.com/

Early days yet, nothing on their website.

dwlpl
9th Apr 2004, 10:09
A note to the site has been added saying 'Information Coming Very Soon'.

Any more information on Nexus Airways?

dada
9th Apr 2004, 13:25
also found this

www.deedoododontdeedo.com

www.calmdownehairlines.com

dwlpl
9th Apr 2004, 14:48
As is usual the word 'Liverpool' brings out the predictable stereotypical response.

Mouser
9th Apr 2004, 15:16
Would it be four MD82s, as has been mentioned before.

dwlpl
9th Apr 2004, 16:38
I could not be sure but I think its another operation.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
9th Apr 2004, 23:19
I have it on good authority that Nexus are currently in the process of securing additional funds. The CEO has agreed to wash his dads car every week and will be mowing the lawn as well in the summer.

Caslance
10th Apr 2004, 06:59
As is usual the word 'Liverpool' brings out the predictable stereotypical response. I never said a word!!!!! :confused: :ok:

dwlpl
10th Apr 2004, 09:00
:confused: ..... you have not moved to Liverpool by any chance?

blackflyer
5th May 2004, 17:53
The website has been updated, have a read.

www.nexusairways.com

GoEDI
5th May 2004, 18:56
It'll never work, can't expect a newcomer to successfully compete with Easyjet on home turf can we?

Caslance
5th May 2004, 19:19
its going to be BIG What - like Now were, you mean? :E

dwlpl
5th May 2004, 19:38
It'll never work, can't expect a newcomer to successfully compete with Easyjet on home turf can we? Thats presumes they are to fly to the same destinations as easyJet from Liverpool.

JustaFew
5th May 2004, 22:00
B767 or A330? That's really going to bu**er the runway!

barbiegirl
6th May 2004, 09:54
i live round the corner from brook road. whilst maghul is very nice and house prices are costly,, i am sure if someone had the moneyto start up an airline, they wouldnt be living here.

please tell us who it is, or i might just have to go and knock!

niknak
6th May 2004, 10:27
Is this the outfit started by some of the former Buzz senior management and pilots?
Or am I barking up the wrong approach path?

Danny_R
6th May 2004, 10:40
barbiegirl, have you not heard of private investors? From my knowledge, that address is just the person who set up the website and registered the company. The actual offices are currently in Yorkshire.

barbiegirl
6th May 2004, 11:28
but surely the person setting up the company ( whose name i have now found out) would have to put in some money, and i dont get why he would register his company at his home address.

barbiegirl
6th May 2004, 13:03
iain,

check your pm,s

Danny_R
6th May 2004, 13:10
The registered address will change in the near future, you may have noticed that the Plc was registered a few months ago. At that time, no offices were in place. FYI it is the address of the company secretary.

solution1
6th May 2004, 18:05
Does anyone know who is behind this new start-up? Have they come from another airline?

What about a/c type and routes and more importantly, when are they due to start operating??

Thanks!

ATR Gal
7th May 2004, 14:20
ONIVA was going to be HOP but no longer. Now me thinks it'll be NEXUS.....

Will they be riding ATR-72s is the question ??

.....the plot thickens.....

Who's got more info out there.... come on..

AG :ok:

runawayedge
7th May 2004, 15:28
ATR Gal's got a finger on the pulse....heard similar

dwlpl
7th May 2004, 17:28
I think not.

Hop was supposed to be a domestic airline, the Nexus Airways web site says that they are to fly to European destinations throughout Europe from Liverpool.

ATR Gal
7th May 2004, 17:46
......Air Wales use ATRs to fly to Belgium or is it Holland.... can't remember, which is Europe, if you get my drift as the destinations do not have to be far, within reach of an ATR anyway...... just a thought.

AG

dwlpl
7th May 2004, 17:55
The choice of aircraft is not the point.

What both airlines said/say is that Hop was to be set up to be a domestic airline and Nexus Airways are saying that they are to fly to Europe. Thats not saying that they may serve UK airports in the future.

blackflyer
7th May 2004, 18:17
The Nexus Airways forum (link on left of website) indicates that the airline is to operate aircraft with around 100 seats.

Faro and Hamburg have been mentioned, but Malta is not likely.

The airline hopes to form partnerships with other airlines. Perhaps Liverpool may get onto the world aviation map.

serko
11th May 2004, 06:59
the website is down now, maybe they're updating it with more news.

serko
14th Jun 2004, 14:53
Has anyone got any info on Nexus? will they take to the air?

http://www.nexusairways.com

Buster the Bear
14th Jun 2004, 20:48
[whois.opensrs.net]
Registrant:
Nexus Airways
Brook Road
Maghull
Liverpool, Merseyside L31 3EG
UK

Domain name: NEXUSAIRWAYS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Reilly, Daniel [email protected]
Brook Road
Maghull
Liverpool, Merseyside L31 3EG
UK

(This info is freely available on the web by the way)

barbiegirl
15th Jun 2004, 10:51
there is already a thread about this in this forum, from about two months ago. they keep saying they will make an announcement soon but nothing in the local press. they wont be using their own cabin crew either( i emailed the MD)

the address in Maghull, which is justby my house, is the company secratary, their offices are in Yorkshire.

hope this helps

Dan319
15th Jun 2004, 22:51
There was a lot of posts on www.nwan.co.uk regarding NEXUS a few weeks ago.
The conclusion was that it was invented by Danny, working for a company making flight sim games.:confused:

EGCC24L
23rd Aug 2004, 17:04
Check this site out and search for Nexus!!!!!!!!

(www.abtn.co.uk)

:D

EGCC24L
26th Aug 2004, 11:00
So does anybody think this is still a wind up or not?

barbiegirl
26th Aug 2004, 12:57
i reckon it is a wind up. For one, our local paper would have picked up on this by now as they run a nightly business page. If 'Nexus' Had been in talks with LPL JLA then i'm sure it would be in the news.

Maghull isnt that big a place either. Apparently he;'s still doing his A levels at a local school

homesick rae
26th Aug 2004, 20:40
For your info, I had been dealing with Dan for a few months regarding the lease of an aircraft.

We were actually close to securing a financial backer (aircraft wise) for Nexus , but suddenly there was a post on Pprune asking about my company, stating that all they had had so far was a sales pitch! I PMd the person, who turned out to be Dan himself, and after much deliberation our company decided not to proceed with any further enquiries on Nexus' behalf.

I wish Dan and Nexus all the best with their venture.

Cheers

HR