PDA

View Full Version : Perf today

WX Man
5th Apr 2004, 17:40
Was it just me or was that an absolute f:mad:er?

I'm sending this one to my CGI, to get him to get onto the CAA for a free mark. Just hoping that the Proon community can tell me whether I've remembered it correctly:

(otherwise I'll look very sheepish).

Q 17 (or was it 18?) The effect of downslope:

A) Decreases V1, increases TODR
B) Decreases V1, decreases ASDR
C) Increases V1, increases TODR
D) Increases V1, decreases ASDR

I distinctly remember putting 'B'... whether I've remembered the answer choices correctly is another matter.

However, I do think that I will be there again at the beginning of June....:ugh:

Keith.Williams.
5th Apr 2004, 18:20
For the first part of the answer look at the Vspeed tables on pages 64 and 65 of the CAP 698. The slope adjustment tables at the top of each page show how slope affects V1. These show that downslope (- slopes) require V1 to be reduced.

So options a and b are possible.

Now look at the field limit graph on page 55. If you select any given TOM and work backwards through the graph you can get the distances required. At the bottom of the graph you will see that going straight down to any value of downslope, then following the curves back to the reference line, tends to decrease the distances.

So a downslope will decrease V1, and decrease the distances required. Whether or not this was really the option you chose is of course a different question.

Remember WX Man, you thought that you would fail AGK then walked it. Stop worrying, you have probably done it again.

For those who are taking exams this month, the CAA have anounced that because of the Easter break, the results will not be released before 26 April.

razzele
7th Apr 2004, 06:42
oh no thats a long way away...

im waiting for my final 2 results!!!

keeping my fingers crossed for that long is gunna cause problems in my next medical i think!