PDA

View Full Version : CTC McAlpine Numbers/Odds

Stonca
5th Apr 2004, 13:13
Does anyone know the number of candidates who are successful in getting through the CTC McAlpine selection process, and generally what the odds are?

I'm guessing that they would be similar to the RAF in terms of number of jobs and number of applicants?

I had a look through the long running CTC McAlpine thread, but couldn't find any details.

K2SkyRider
5th Apr 2004, 14:28
Stonca,

Personally, I don't see any benefit in this type of speculation. It will rarely be something you want to hear nor is it likely to be highly accurate.

The CTC rep quoted 2% of applicants at the Flyer Training show.

I prefer to concentrate on performing to the best of my ability to complete the actual tasks during selection.

Cheers,

K2 :ok:

Stonca
5th Apr 2004, 14:41
Cool your jets.

Can't see the harm in wondering how many people are applying!

K2SkyRider
5th Apr 2004, 14:47
No worries Stonca,

Just didn't want you to waste too much time on a probablistic analysis.

K2 :ok:

Chuffer Chadley
5th Apr 2004, 14:53
Hi Stonca

The truth is that no-one really knows.

However, for what it's worth, when I went through the aptitude computer tests etc day, there were 16 of us, 2 got through.

I can't remember how many were at my stage 3 day, but around half got through to the sim-check. I can't say more, as I was invited to depart at this point!

In summary - about 1 in 16 ISH gets from stage to to the sim. Or at least they did when I did it.

HTH
CC

robtherower
7th Apr 2004, 10:23
About 3% is what is filtering down to us in NZ. Must be a huge cut at the written essay bit - bout half at the stage 2, half again at stage 3, maybe 3 out of 4 pass at stage 4 (of people there on the day). Dont let the odds put you off though!

Elvis21
7th Apr 2004, 14:56
There is often too much debated on "what are the odds". The only odds you can be certain of are you are 100% guaranteed not to get the job if you don't apply.

tinsparrow
3rd May 2004, 17:50
too true.... if you dont put your hands out, you cant catch the ball. It doesnt matter how many people apply. if you are what they are looking for then you are who they will take!!!!

tinsparrow