PDA

View Full Version : EUJet MSE Updates anyone?

Lite
4th Apr 2004, 12:17
Now that Thomsonfly.com are up & running, and the topic of whether Now! Airlines launching operations seems to have been beaten to the death, I was wondering why everything on the EUJet/Manston front seems to be so quiet at the moment.

March time we had the exciting news that EUJet would be adding flights to up to 29 destinations from Manston beginning in June, we're now in April, and still no sign of a website or anything re:routes, frequencies etc.

Jes
4th Apr 2004, 13:08
The statement said that routes would be announced on 14th April, and the first flight would be on 14th June - Dublin-Manston, I believe, is the first.

The airport fire service is changing to 05.30 - 23.59 cover in June. Ops will move back to the tower and work 24/7. Recruitment of staff is being lined up - still waiting for the off, I presume. The cynics at MSE say this one has legs.

Lite
4th Apr 2004, 19:31
Manston is a really great little airport, and its high time that the airport had a based airline, which I'm sure will take full advantage of the catchment area in Kent & the Medway Towns.

After the Mama Air debacle, I hope that MSE do well with this new no-frills airline. Hopefully they'll have a more imaginative brand & livery than the existing EUJet one?

serko
5th Apr 2004, 11:51
"Job Title: Cabin Crew

Position Type: Contract

Posted: Sunday 4th April 2004

EUjet is a JAR-OPS and JAR-145 approved Irish airline based at Shannon, Ireland as it continues to grow with developing expansion plans is keen to engage highly motivated people to fill the following permanent roles:

EUjet requires Experienced Cabin Crew for fixed term contract positions at various European bases.

A position as Cabin Crew with EUjet offers an opportunity to:

travel extensively and be based in different european countries.
meet and work with people of all nationalities
be part of and build a career within a young vibrant airline
quick promotion prospects
be provided with accommodation and living allowances while based away from your home base.
The ideal candidate should be:

Friendly, enthusiastic and confident
An excellent communicator
A team player
Flexible and willing to relocate regularly
Dedicated to delivering the highest standard of customer service
Able to keep smiling and remain efficient under pressure
Hardworking and willing to operate on a shift roster
Fit and healthy, with a good attendance record in your current position
Minimum Requirements:

Previous Cabin Crew experience must have operated as cabin crew within the last three years.
Experience on Fokker 100 is desirable but not essential - training will be given
Age 19 or over
Height 5'2" (1.58m) to 6'3" (1.90m) with weight in proportion to height
Physically fit and able to pass a medical assessment
Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
The ability to speak a second language is advantageous but not required.
Able to swim 25 metres
Possession of right to work in the EU
Possession of passport allowing unrestricted travel within Europe and our bases
Attained a good general standard of education
Remuneration:

Starting salary for Juniors will be €13,000 basic, plus €46 per day while based from your home base. No.1’s €15,000 plus €46 per day while based from your home base.

We are employee focused and committed to providing our staff with competitive salaries, attractive benefits and excellent working conditions.

This is a fantastic opportunity to become an integral part of our ability to deliver on our promise of providing the highest degree of inflight safety and customer care.

To apply please send your current CV, detailing your current working package and availability. Applications can be made by e-mail to [email protected] or by post to Recruitment, EUjet, debis AirFinance House, Shannon, Co. Clare.
"

teachin
5th Apr 2004, 15:58
Sent my Cv off about 8 weeks ago,got a response saying they'd be in touch, but as of yet not a bickie bird, so when the gonna get recruiting?

Jes
7th Apr 2004, 18:05
The terminal is being refitted. Skips full of old check-in desks etc. Something is happening.

global707
8th Apr 2004, 12:49
Had heard that nothing was happening at the terminal. Still only one x-ray machine and none of the staff seem very positive about things.

Anyone on site?

noise abatement
8th Apr 2004, 14:09
Where did you get that info from?
obviously not from people on site.

This Charming Man
8th Apr 2004, 20:22
EUJet also to start MAN 3x daily from June 14th
MSE-MAN-MSE

brgds

global707
8th Apr 2004, 22:52
NA

It was from someone on site but was about a week ago I heard that.

I can only hope that this one is a go

:D

Jes
18th Apr 2004, 20:26
From the Eujet site

Job Title: Cabin Crew

Position Type: Permanent

Posted: Thursday 15th April 2004

EUjet is a JAR-OPS and JAR-145 approved Irish airline based at Shannon, Ireland as it continues to grow with developing expansion plans is keen to engage highly motivated people to fill the following permanent roles:

EUjet requires Experienced Cabin Crew for our new base at Kent International Airport.

A position as Cabin Crew with EUjet offers an opportunity to:

meet people of all nationalities
be home at the Kent base most nights
fly to a variety of attractive European destinations
be part of and build a career within a young vibrant airline
quick promotion prospects................

We're expecting the routes to be announced this week. The ad indicates that some machines will nightstop away from Manston.

global707
19th Apr 2004, 04:49
anyone out there applied?

anyone out there applied and had an answer?

:D

teachin
19th Apr 2004, 07:47
Not a sausage yet, and in the meantime I've been offered and taken a job with another airline, so they have lost out,
T

Memetic
19th Apr 2004, 10:46
I heard a rumour that a service between MSE to MLB may be starting, I presume to offer an alternative to LGW/LHR to MCO.

Can anyone say who,what and when? EUjet?

Apart from a mention of Orlando being a route in Demand on the Manston site I could see nothing on either http://www.london-manston.com/ or http://www.mlbair.com/

goodgirl
20th Apr 2004, 03:44
£10,000 basic for a no.1 !!!!! can anyone tell me if thats a mistake:{

global707
20th Apr 2004, 05:39
thats what they say on their web site (EU)

cant beleieve that they would be starting a lon haul service. Thought they were starting with F100's for low cost short haul

colegate
20th Apr 2004, 08:36
If EU Jet really are going to start on June 14 someone out there will already know the answer to the following questions:
1. From where are the aircraft going to be sourced and what are the current or intended registrations
2. Has the AOC been applied for and waht is the anticipated date of issue
3. Has the financial plan been approved by the CAA?
4. Where are the crews being trained?
5. Who are the people to be named on the AOC?
6.To whom has the maintenance been contracted?
7. How do they cope with hangar maintenance at Manston.?

Etc Etc

Manston may be a good airfiled operationally but it is lacking something very important which is a large catchmnet area. It is at the far eastern end of the available catchment area. At the western end there are numerous alternatives from travel to almost anywhere.

Road access to Manston is poor by the standards of any other airport in the southeast.

The F100 is a distinctly odd choice of aircraft for such operations. From a passenger point of view it is a very attractive aircraft. There are certainly plenty of them available and they will come cheap but it is my recollection of them that they are not cost competitive with Boeing or Airbus aircraft. Trying to compete in an intensely price conscious environment with them will be tough.

If they can make a go of it good luck to them, but it sounds like a tough one.

smartercharter
20th Apr 2004, 08:42
Colegate
EU Jet are already operating. They have 2 units on the AOC with more to come. They are owned by Debis Air Finance (who surprisingly enough have a large portfolio of F100`s!) and are based in SNN.
Think they are currently flying in BUD & BLQ.

Callum Johnstone
20th Apr 2004, 08:48
Their website has now been updated to indicate that the Manston route network announcement will take place on 12th May 2004:

www.eujet.com

Jes
22nd Apr 2004, 08:07
Florida flights have nothing to do with EUjet. This is another proposal that will be decided this month - 3 times a week to Melbourne using a TriStar 500.

The terminal is being refitted. £750k has been spent on a new luggage X-ray system. Interviews start on Monday to fill 110 airport jobs, in addition to the EUjet vacancies.

An F100 will visit for two days, probably from next Monday. The plan is to base 2 in June, 4 by August and 7 by October.

serko
22nd Apr 2004, 08:22
Do you know which airline is likley to operate the florida flights if they get the go ahead.

VIKING9
22nd Apr 2004, 15:54
.......and where are they going with that livery ? Lets hope they come up with a new design for this new operation.

I assume the vacancy section on the website will be updated too. It says all positions will be based in SNN. Why ?

Baron rouge
23rd Apr 2004, 18:08
On the cockpit crew side, they appear to have given up, two announces in Flight Int. have been canceled only days after the edition and on their site, they are now so deseperate that they only require one hundred hours on type for Direct entrant Captains.

Unfortunately they won't be ready in time
:(

wingandprayer
23rd Apr 2004, 20:59
would you fly on an a/c with a captain only 1 months on type and the first officer with nothing but line training

also who can hardly speak english? 100 hours is far from experience

PBD 1
25th Apr 2004, 23:26
Last Captain on line: 6000 on type flown F100 for 14 years.:ok:

serko
26th Apr 2004, 07:04
Is everything ready for take-off then?

Pirate
28th Apr 2004, 08:14
I responded to their ad for pilots a week ago. Yesterday I received a courteous e-mail saying all positions had been filled but they would be recruiting again in September. Change of plan, perhaps?

confundemus

serko
28th Apr 2004, 08:23
pirate,

I think that's when the second lot of planes are expected.

runawayedge
28th Apr 2004, 09:47
I cannot think of another industry that presents as many difficulties for a start-up, the huge financial commitments to getting an AOC, administration, operational issues, training, sourcing aircraft, distribution, maturity discounting, it goes on and on. Yet every time there is a new start-up they are knocked to bits in this forum which purportedly represents the views of aviation professionals. I wish EUjet every success, I can only imagine how difficult it is, without being knocked in a forum that investors, employees and many others regularly view.

Buster the Bear
28th Apr 2004, 10:25
http://www.justplanes.net/images/9587.jpg

FlyHigher
28th Apr 2004, 16:01
Hi

I have a close friend type rated and regular on type with almost 2000 hours on F100, and another collegue of mine they both applied and recieved the same answer as you Pirate.
Strange, at least for the guy qualified!

Cheers:confused:

serko
11th May 2004, 08:42
PERMIT APPLICATIONS
EDC061 EU-JET OPS LIMITED to operate a scheduled air service between Manston and
Jersey.
The permit would be effective from 28 June 2004.
c/o www.caa.co.uk

bacardi walla
11th May 2004, 09:42
So, that's it is it? One route MSE-JER :confused:

serko
11th May 2004, 09:48
we should hopefully find out more details tomorrow.

manston123
11th May 2004, 17:49
Fingers crossed!

serko
12th May 2004, 10:01
No news yet, hopefully we'll hear something later on in the day.

I\'ve heard an announcment will be made after lunch.

mallouin
12th May 2004, 13:38
Just for info MSE JER is IT summer only.

serko
12th May 2004, 13:42
the local radio is reporting that the route announcement has been delayed till next week

The_Bean_Counter
12th May 2004, 17:11
Another delayed announcement, can they have any credibility after that. Passengers will be nervous with the DUO and FLYJETGREEN things going on.

bish-bash
12th May 2004, 18:59
Interviews for the positions advertised in Flight are being held in Ramsgate, starting today, and going on till Friday.

I just hope that i get some info at interview, otherwise i do not think i will be bothering to leave my current employer for the Kent coast.

If B.E cannot make Jersey pay out of City, i do not see it being a viable route out of MSE year round.