PDA

View Full Version : LFS- CFI left?

silverknapper
3rd Apr 2004, 19:34
Could anyone confirm or deny that the CFI at Leeds resigned 2 weeks ago. I had been intending on going there, but will this have an effect on the direction of the place? Or will it continue with no loss of quaility?

Cheers

SK

RowleyUK
3rd Apr 2004, 19:58
Tel : 0845 166 2506 ..................Ask for yourself...........You'll probably get the reasons as to why he left..........and where he is now!

Will it have an affect on your training? ..........For your CPL....no...........for your IR....Yes

I aint commenting about the guy! ............Other than...his confidence is what you need in commercial flying!!!;)

G-LOST
4th Apr 2004, 13:54
Nonsense!!

There are plenty of well qualified IR instructors who are quite capable of taking up any slack. Ex CAA examiner starting in his place any day, as far as I am aware. The school also has a wealth of loyal ex staff and associated instructors / examiners / airline pilots who are more than ready to assist if and when necessary. Kevin was a competent instructor but in recent times in the opinion of many, had taken his eye off the ball to start his own sideline business. No-one is irreplaceable in this game.

LOST no longer.

RowleyUK
4th Apr 2004, 14:02
Yes but does he have the quality and natural teaching ability of Kev?

Ha ha, maybe an examiner is due to take his place.......an examiner, not an instructor........and yes this guy maybe old (60 odd) and experienced......but i just dont think this guy will match Kev........I aint a big fan of Mr Rowell in any way but he was a good instructor and his departure, in my honest opinion, WILL have an affect on the quality of IR instruction over at LFS!!!

Atleast it made me think twice about where i shall do mine!

Kevin was a competent instructor but in recent times in the opinion of many, had taken his eye off the ball.

But also in the eyes of many (at LFS)....he was a natural teacher which in the eyes of many.....LFS are now lacking!!!

STATLER
4th Apr 2004, 14:35
There are plenty of able instructors that can take up the strain, maybe JD will get a fair go at it now, it’s about time.

The new instructor will be more than capable of breaching any gap I’m sure.

As for the previous post being blamed for any departure its total horse $hit because the writing was on the wall well over a year ago. Witnessed it along with many others first hand.

G-LOST
4th Apr 2004, 14:39
Not doubting his teaching ability for a moment although like everyone, he had his flaws. But there are plenty more 'teachers' out there...

I do not intend to get into a slanging match about Kevin or his abilities, just believe that he can be replaced and that LFS may suffer temporarily for a short period but will no doubt recover.

Any coincidence that Kevin Rowell and Rowley share a similar name?

LOST no longer.

Well said Statler!

RowleyUK
4th Apr 2004, 15:14
As for the previous post being blamed for any departure its total horse $hit because the writing was on the wall well over a year ago. Witnessed it along with many others first hand.

Aiye, go on then, I'll give you that one!!!............"DELETE!"

LFS
5th Apr 2004, 07:53
I can confirm that Kevin Rowell has left the company to pursue new opportunities. I can also confirm that Mike Dyson (former Cabair Head of Training and CPL examiner) is starting today as a full time CPL/IR examiner. Tony Denson has taken over as the new CFI at LFS.

Jesus H
5th Apr 2004, 14:50
Tony Denson has taken over as the new CFI at LFS

May God have mercy on your souls my Children.

God Bless you all

JHC

silverknapper
5th Apr 2004, 15:13
JH

Could you elaborate please, either by PM or on forum. I had been intending my IR there quite soon and this is putting the ****s up me!

Thanks

SK

152driver
5th Apr 2004, 17:14
Tony Denson will do a damn site better job of it than KR - after all it's his company which was one factor that it was obvious KR could never get his head around and he isn't full of horse*hit. And yes, he does have the Lord on his side.

LFS
5th Apr 2004, 17:29
Can we please stop all these petty and stupid personal attacks seen in the previous thread about LFS and already appearing in this one. It doesnt benefit anyone and is a minority with an axe to grind for whatever reason. Kevin has left the company, he did an excellent job for us whilst working at LFS and we hope Mike Dyson will an equally excellent job, please leave it at that.

silverknapper
5th Apr 2004, 18:29
I feel you're being a bit unreasonable. Fair enough I'm not interested in petty squabbles, but I do want to hear what people say about LFS. When I visited and decided on LFS it was KR I spoke to (amongst others). If he has left I need to know that nothing will suffer.
So people leaving comments here, unless you detail them, don't bother. JH what do I take from yours, positive or negative cos it could read both.

SK

LFS
5th Apr 2004, 18:52
Silverknapper,

Sorry you got the wrong impression. I have no problem with people commenting on the school. It was just the last thread led to a large number of unconstructive personal attacks which is all I wanted to avoid again.

mad_jock
5th Apr 2004, 22:54
Silverknapper I wouldn't be to worried.

Mike Dyson did my CPL test and he is a true career instructor/examiner and he seemed a very nice chap. You don't get to be the CFI at cabair without knowing what to do.

As with all instructors there is point which they all have to move on. Kev obviously had come to his. Its better that he moved on so he was happy with his work than got bitter and twisted like so many do.

Tony is a gentleman through and through and will always do his best for you as a student. His beliefs really don't come into play at the school apart from you might not get a lesson if needed between 11am and 1pm on a sunday (and how many other schools would you get the owner coming in on a sunday!!!! if needed)

Mike Dyson is actually quite an addition for the school as they will now have a IR renewals examiner on site as well as a CPL examiner.

Kev can move on, the world will continue turning and LFS will still be the best CPL/IR school in the area.

MJ

And I wish Kev all the success in his new venture.

STATLER
6th Apr 2004, 09:49
I have to agree that there is nothing to worry about regarding attending LFS for any part of your training things have just moved on slightly, the same if not better service and instruction is still there.

Jesus H as this is only your 4th post maybe you have an axe to grind similar to those displayed in the previous post on this subject, maybe just maybe there is plenty of time to kill on a new venture and LFS are a target born out of bitterness.

Tony was always pretty decent to myself and G-LOST and his school is a pretty good one too, I also did a significant amount of training there myself and had few problems, I would do all again with them.

Mike Dyson also did my CPL skill test and I had some dealings with him later on whilst working at LFS concerning some of me CPL students. I think that he along with Tony and Mr A will bring some stability and balance to the school and they will flourish even further. At least the secret squirrel meetings in the back orifice that consumed half the day should now stop and good quality instructing will once again return.

The bottom line is the same with any school if you don’t like it and aren’t getting the service vote with your feet.

mad_jock
6th Apr 2004, 12:03
STATLER what ever the facts are that have been occuring it doesn't do any good slagging Kev off or saying that things will improve now he is gone. Be it true or otherwise.

There are alot of ex-customers will get there backs up because they enjoyed flying with Kev. Yes he is gone. If it went a bit bad in the last months so what, I am sure in 6 months time when everything has calmed down it will be a none issue.

All this does is make people think about training on the darkside of the apron ;)

MJ

STATLER
6th Apr 2004, 21:02
mad_jock

Thanks for the lecture.

BUT

Please can you point out to me where in my posts I have slagged Kev off, I have been general in my opinions.

I still want to see the school do well and I am sure that if you read my post carefully and very slowly again you may understand this.

You were a customer at the school not an employee and so were not privy to what was going on behind the scenes even though you probably think differently as you are always right.

We still laugh our cocks off at the school reliving the time when you argued about the Dash 8’s hydraulic systems with a Dash 8 TRI/IRE. Swore blind you were right.

FU*KING hilarious.

Once again thanks.

mad_jock
6th Apr 2004, 21:25
O well never mind,can't remember it but it does sound very like me, a better one was when i tried to sell a JAR log book to Cath Burnam of coventry fame.

We live and learn.

and good quality instructing will once again return.

I took for slagging kev off

I hope everything works out for you chaps.

MJ

sk8erboi
6th Apr 2004, 21:43
One only has to frequent the Heathmount Hotel to hear mad jocks rantings!! Frequently slags off ATC to ATCers!!

All in good jest

STATLER
6th Apr 2004, 21:45
Quote:

And good quality instructing will once again return.

Referred to the amount of time wasted on a daily basis with the secret squirrel meeting. Quite a few will back this up, students really did get pi$$ed off at the time.

At the end of the day the meetings were to try and undermine both Tony and John, and were responsible for harming the moral of the rest of the instructional staff.

Fundermentally the school is sound and may the good time return once again.

I hope this puts the record straight.

mad_jock
6th Apr 2004, 21:50
Yep fair enough. A very valid point.

MJ

And I have learn't more in the Heathmount about the workings of ATC than in any ATPL exam. :=

STATLER
6th Apr 2004, 21:53
Well there you go, you will now probably understand what i'm on about.

All the best with it, not like that on our fleet.

Jesus H
6th Apr 2004, 22:55
STATLER

I bear no malice to no man.

May peace and tranquility be with you my good friend.

God bless you and all who fly.

JHC