PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Official Denial

Cornflake
2nd Apr 2004, 15:16
:O Have just been told officially, so it must be true.

There are NO, :uhoh: repeat NO :uhoh: plans for Eastern Airways to take over the Isle of Man - LGW and the Isle of Man - LUT services.

Apparently BA are determined to keep these services, and will be making an announcement to that effect on Manx Radio shortly - so it MUST := be true.

Eastern Airways declined to comment. :E

(Er,this has a familiar ring about it)

rupetime
2nd Apr 2004, 18:25
Thats a relief !

Dash-7 lover
3rd Apr 2004, 08:13
Dear Cornflake,

Ref the rumours of Eastern operating IOM-LGW and IOM-LTN. Don't know where this rumour came from, coz its never been the case. BACX have even asked the IOM airport authority to extend their opening times until 2130 local to enable a 4th LGW rotation to be squeezed into the schedules but in the true spirit of customer service they've apparently said NO.

Anyway Eastern havent got anything big enough to cope with the demand.

ducksoup
3rd Apr 2004, 10:42
Of course, if the London service hadn't been moved to Gatwick from Heathrow in the first place, there would be no need to ask the Flight Prevention Committee at Ronaldsway for any favours now.

The Little Prince
3rd Apr 2004, 14:00
I see some people have their heads firmly stuck where the sun doesn't shine. If you look at Eastern's marketing strategy, it is to charge relatively high prices on low volumes - just look what they have done with the IOM - BHX which BACX apparently found a loss leader - now it travels full, and charges more for an ID 50 than BACX used to for full fare.
As for capacity, well, I suppose they have their choice of ATR, Embraer and I hear the Saab 2000 is in the wings. Let's watch and wait and see how long it is before aeroplanes marked "MANX REGIONAL" start operating from the rock. The Dash 8 community (sorry, ATP as was) accept this is a one year let-off, the 146 guys and gal seem to believe the BA propaganda, just like Newcatle di, just like Leeds did, just like Plymouth did, just like Aberdeen did, just like Cardiff did.........need I go on. Funnily enough, the Manx 146 lease is up early next year, and with it the real reason it has survived thus long to avoid the tax reasons caused by returning it to the mainland. BA have said they are not interested in prop operations, they have said that a base with less than 3 aircraft is unviable, they have said they are not interested in regional operations.

The good news is that maybe Terry L. will therefore be back to start again where he left off and there may be some jobs for those who wish to stay with an honorable and talented businessman and believe what their head office tells them.

Then again......who knows? Ask the guys from the bases described above.:mad:

PoodleVelour
3rd Apr 2004, 15:10
Hey 'ducksoup' or should I say Norman, :} , a bit rich YOU critiquing this, you made enough moolah out of the firesale, didn't you ....... :}

- and for what it's worth, I give the 146 about 18 months. :{