PDA

View Full Version : Foreign CTC cadets

CPT4C
1st Apr 2004, 16:46
Just a question, my airline has taken a large number of CTC cadets this year many of whom are Dutch. I personally have nothing against these guys and girls but i know many pilots in the airline would prefer to see the home grown pilots get first bite at the cherry. Is it just a case of not enough suitable UK pilots applying to the scheme?

trainer too 2
1st Apr 2004, 18:41
Yep the Dutch are in general just much smarter as well as better behaved!:p Oh and we have a much better sense of humor ;)

dragon501
2nd Apr 2004, 05:32
'home grown pilots get the first bite of the cherry'... I can see where this topic is heading for...

PS. Yep I am dutch bot just had the pleasure of LEAVING a UK airline, just so there is more space for home grown... What a load of nonsense dude..

Dragon

PPRuNeUser0215
2nd Apr 2004, 08:17
And the fact that your company recruits through CTC doesn't bother you ? In fact if they were taking guys on from the street, don't you think they would take on more "locals" ?

The company I work for doesn't seem to worry where the guys (and girls) come from. They have low requirements, (F ATPL, 250 hours) so roughly anyone with a licence can apply and that's basically it.
That way they get a wider choice in the people they want to hire, which includes a few "foreigners". So anyone is free to compete (if that s how it can be seen) and only the most suitable (by this company's standards) candidate will succeed. I don't think it is unfair, do you ?

152wiseguy
2nd Apr 2004, 14:46
Surely the worry is not that foreign pilots are being taken on by UK companies but more that european companies might not be employing UK pilots.
Of course language skills are probably a big factor but it would be interesting to hear from any low houred British pilots who have found jobs in europe.

IRRenewal
2nd Apr 2004, 19:45
Om met Cruyff te spreken:

'Kijk, de bal is rond, en daarom rolt'ie'

Matron
2nd Apr 2004, 22:09
It is all Greek to me.

trainer too 2
3rd Apr 2004, 10:17
Have a change to work with a lot of Poms in Bru at SN at Liege in TNT seen them working for UPS in Cologne etc... All spoke the right aviation lingo: English.. ;)

An2
3rd Apr 2004, 11:05
CPT4C,

How do you think the average irish unemployed ATPL/fATPL feels, with all them english boys occupying seats at Ryanair?. :rolleyes:

Think before you write, mate!!!:ok: Works wonders, you know.

Anyway, it was you Brits wanting the English language to be known and spoken all over the world.
So now that you've pretty much have gotten it your way; Don't complain!:hmm:

Try learning another european language (if you don't already know one). German, French or maybe Spanish! Spanish chicks are hot, so I'll most likely go for that one myself!;)

Rgds,

An2:cool:

CPT4C
3rd Apr 2004, 12:29
All i wanted to know is why more than 50% of the cadets we take from CTC are dutch. Do not enough British or other nationalities apply to the scheme?

An2
3rd Apr 2004, 20:48
CPT4C,

Most Dutch people I know aren't connected to the aviationindustry, but rather the automive dito, but they do seem to have an enormous "drive" built into their system.
Maybe that's why they seem to "outsucceed" many other nationalities?

Although speaking a really weird language:} I must say that I fancy them.;)

BTW, if you felt offended by my previous post; I apologize! It wasn't meant hurt anybodys feelings.
That's just the way we Scandis are. Always aiming straight for the throat!:E :}

Look at me now,.....going all soft on you! Well, I guess that's what a couple of Tuborg does to you!? ;)
Blame it on the Danes! That's what I say!!:E

headlesshorseman
4th Apr 2004, 13:36
the reason a lot of these cadets are dutch is simple. i mean why not take belgians, germans, french etc.

it's all to do with money. ctc are on a contract with to provide these guys with a job in the uk in conjunction with a dutch based scheme who do all the selections.

i've nothing against any of these guys because they go through selection in holland and usually do pretty well. they also have constant pressure and threat of being chopped as well as being saddled with a massive amount of debt from a prearranged loan. all the parties involved get their cut. it's all a money making scheme exploiting the aviation industry in this country.

if you are looking for someone to blame look at ctc. they're profiteering nicely from it.

as a recent article in the press stated - pilots are cheap thanks to the recession the industry has been in the last few years.

:*

trainer too 2
4th Apr 2004, 14:39
they're profiteering nicely from it hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

This is an industry i.e. one pays money to receive a service and it is better to have a company that makes money of you and stays in business than one that loses money and goes bust, plenty of examples available! :p