PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Training Associates-The future

Pollux
30th Mar 2004, 18:18
ATA has been taken over by AFT [Atlantic Flight Training].

ATA Instructors have agreed to finish the present courses. A few of the instructing team may be employed at AFT in some capacity.

I hope this will set the record straight and eliminate the rumours currently circulating.

Pete Lines. currently Head of Training ATA Ltd.

RowleyUK
31st Mar 2004, 11:51
alreet Pete?

How are you ? I have a friend who asks about ATA quite alot.....could you let on which instructors will continue to work for ATA under AFT?

97% Gen Nav & 86% Met 1st time......thanks again!!;)

:ok:

Pollux
31st Mar 2004, 19:30
Since my last post the proposed association between ATA and AFT has been severed.

ATA Instructors will be seeking employment elsewhere.

Meanwhile the Instructors send their warm regards to the hundreds of past students.

PENNINE BOY
31st Mar 2004, 20:56
TO Pete & The Boys,

Hope you all find positions soon Its a shame you all cant continue as ATA you had a great setup.

Thanks for all the help you gave us to get through all that paper bashing !!!!!!

Memorys of getting thrown out of the Mill at Xmas many moons ago still make us all howl with lafter.

Good luck and all the best,

FROM THE BLACKPOOL BOYS !!!!!!!!! ;)

PPRuNe Towers
1st Apr 2004, 08:55
Very sad to read your posts Pete,

We would very much like to know where the team settle down into new berths. We are happy for you to do it publicly on the forum as our thanks for the start you've given so many in the industry.

For wannabees: Pete, Sandy et al had a superb school running - one so good that all they ever had to do was publish a current phone number. Word of mouth, not glossy sales and marketeers did the rest of the job.

Our sincere advice is to always search out these schools and FTO's. Keep someone else's glossy brochure under the pillow for your dreams but always go and see the quietly, legendary schools to discuss your training.

Best Wishes to all,
Rob Lloyd

RowleyUK
1st Apr 2004, 10:00
Surely AFT not using ATA's instructors must be a bad thing for AFT! ATA was made the name it is because of the instructors!!

This must mean that the people who were planning on getting the tried and tested ATA are now going to get AFT's version of ATA!!

AFT should take PL and PQ!! PQ is what makes the ATA experience complete!

JB007
1st Apr 2004, 14:23
This is sad news indeed....all the very best to Pete L / Pete Q and Mike...

I had a fantastic experience at ATA and enjoyed every minute of it (mainly thanks to the advice of PPT).

Please let us know where you all settle, and I hope for all Wannabee's sake - your all under the same roof!!!

Rgds
JB

Pollux
1st Apr 2004, 17:34
Its been so encouraging to receive all your good wishes via Prune and telephone that we are trying to find a way of continuing as a team. I will keep you posted!

jarjam
2nd Apr 2004, 19:23
Just wanted to voice my appretiation to all at ATA.
I did my ATPL's in 2000/2001 and despite the cock up that was the introduction of the JAR exams I managed to get through ok.
Pete you'll be pleased to know that I "never ever plotted magnetic" and I still have'nt joined the "square earth society" either!!!
At the moment I'm half way though a Dash-8-400 type rating, and luckily the FMS looks after all the difficult bits.
Many thanks to you all, and I hope it all works out for you.

JarJam

redsnail
2nd Apr 2004, 19:46
Oh gees, what a week it's been.
I really do hope the team and I mean all of the team at ATA move onto something better. :D Big thanks to you guys (and gals of course), you got me through a rather tough year in 2001. :D

zickler
14th Apr 2004, 18:16
I wish everyone who used to work at ATA, especially the people who used to teach us on the course from April - September 2002 the very best of luck for the future .... Pete Lines, PQ, Mike, Lucy, and of course Hilary & Pepper. We thank you for all you have done for us.

From Neil, Chris (Zippy), Rob, Jonny, maltese Ian & the 2 aussie boys Pat & Dean.

Regards from Malta !! :cool:

keeno
14th Apr 2004, 21:04
Dear Pete and all,

I am very sadden to hear the news that you will be closing the doors to many future wannabe's...you ARE the BEST training school out there....i want to thank you all for your helping me pass my ATPL's, 2 of them of which i had stupidly got down to my last attempts....but you were all there, willing to help me, giving advice, past papers, and always being at the end of a telephone..even during the exam week!

With out your knowledge and teaching i would not have passed them....every student who has passed under your wings (pardon the pun) should feel privileged to have done so....i know i do...

thank you,

Nic