PDA

View Full Version : virgin

AT463
30th Mar 2004, 13:34
I heard a story that to save money that virgin flys below the flight path of qantas and this takes longer. is this true.

Lite
30th Mar 2004, 14:46
English is my second language, and even I know that the verb "to fly" is a radically changing verb so in the third person is, "he/she/it/virgin" "flies" not "flys".

It seems to be simply one of the many flaws in your post.

Which Virgin is this, Virgin Blue, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Express?

Where did you hear this from? Why is this a concern?

Try making a point when you post!

Pembo330
30th Mar 2004, 15:01
Sorry, but isn't this reply a little rude?

Frankfurt_Cowboy
30th Mar 2004, 15:17
Yes but so what? It's the internet not a tea dance.

akerosid
30th Mar 2004, 15:24
I can only assume it's Virgin Blue and whoever told you this was pulling your leg. Flying BELOW the competition TO SAVE MONEY? Not likely. Of course, if they've got to fly at similar times on the same route, it's quite likely that VB has to fly below QF, but that's just the luck of the flight plan.

MarkD
30th Mar 2004, 21:36
referring to A343 perhaps? Does VS use that equipment on UK-Aus?

BEST L/CONTROLLER
31st Mar 2004, 13:04
Unfortunatley there are some of the worlds biggest TOSSERS on this website, and I'm sure the people involved know who they are.

It's the TOSSERS on here that should be the ones making their point, now it's a shame coz this could be a good little place.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!:ok:

Voeni
31st Mar 2004, 13:29
AT463, guess i'll have your answer...

Virgin Blue flies a cruising speed of M .72, compared to M .78 at Qantas. Pilots are only allowed to increase speed due to "bigger" operational reasons (airport closures etc...). This will make Virgin flights longer and saves them around 5% fuel costs.

BEST L/CONTROLLER
31st Mar 2004, 13:36
Now thank you that's the sort of reply people on thes boards req rather than the **** an dribble that comes out of quite a few peoples proverbial,

Cheers and thanks for the info!!!!!!!:ok:

Pembo330
31st Mar 2004, 13:59
Exactly Best/Voeni.

Internet or tea-dance;) , its nice to have a bit respect for the people around you.

BEST L/CONTROLLER
31st Mar 2004, 16:39
ROGER!!

:ok:

scroggs
31st Mar 2004, 18:29
MarkD wrote

referring to A343 perhaps? Does VS use that equipment on UK-Aus?

Virgin Atlantic (VS) does not fly from UK to Australia yet, and will not do so before October this year. There are, I believe, no other routes in common between VS and QF. The A340-300 does not fly lower than other airliners; in fact, it is usually a little higher - at least in the early part of a longhaul route. At M0.82, it flies a little slower than the B747 (M0.855), thanks to the less swept wing. The A340-600 shares most of the wing with the -300, but cruises a little faster (M0.83) - and will get to cruise altitude faster than either the A343 or the B744 at typical commercial weights. Neither A340 can cruise at the Boeings FL450 maximum, but their cruise maximum of FL410 is sufficient for most radiation-aware pilots.

Lite
31st Mar 2004, 19:33
I do apologise for my comments aimed at AT463, but it was such a ridiculous way to begin a post; no capital letter, punctuation, valid points to back up his query ... anything along those lines.

Just a simple sentence with a non-descript post title.

My beef on the matter is, is it really so hard to just check your spelling & grammar before making a post?

BEST L/CONTROLLER
1st Apr 2004, 14:56
I'm sure he accepts your appoligy, now the spelling there isn't great is it,

When we are posting replies quick or fast then some words are spelt wrong but I'm sure you can understand what they mean, I for instance won't bother checking it I'll just pst, coz it stops a lot of farting around,

Now if the spelling on PPRUNE is the most of your worries, I wish I was you!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!!!:ok:

P.s No malliss intended,,,, now did I spell Mallis right, i'm not sure.