PDA

View Full Version : Britsol Flying Centre

craig1975
30th Mar 2004, 11:45
Can anyone give me some info on Britsol FLying Centre, they appear to have a good reputation but never go to the Prof Flying Shows

Cheers

Craig

no sponsor
30th Mar 2004, 14:33
I have heard good things about them. I asked many of the FTOs at the flying show which other schools I should look at for my CPL and IR, and the one name that kept coming up was Bristol.

Some members of my flying club have also recommended them. Hence they are on my short list of schools to visit.

:ok:

weston150
30th Mar 2004, 17:18
BRISTOL IS A GOOD SCHOOL FOR MODULAR COURSES BUT ACCORDIND TO THE UK MOST AIRLINES PREFARE INTERGRATED STUDENTS!
HEADING OVER TO MADRID FOR TRAINING IN OCTOBER FOR INTERGRATED COURSE ALSO REASONABLY PRICED WORTH LOOKING AT

WWW.AEROFANFTO.COM

GOOD LUCK :ok:

Ignore this post, Weston is talking through his backside. There is no intrinsic advantage either in style, content or saleability of an integrated course. The only reason to do one is because it suits your circumstances (and wallet) better.

Scroggs

Deano777
30th Mar 2004, 17:23
Craig

send me a PM mate, I fly from BFC, i can give you some insight

rgds

Dean

High Wing Drifter
30th Mar 2004, 18:17
Weston,

You're confusing BFC with BGS. Ironicially, BGS is used by integrated training providers - CTC for example :) As for integrated being preffered, well its a bit like saying that MMR jabs cause Autism: people believe it but nobody has any objective evidence :}

Snigs
31st Mar 2004, 06:41
I did my IR there back in 2001, and if the standards have been maintained, I'd thoroughly recommend them.

Remember, they keep full flying courses, without the need to advertise (much) and attend the "shows", word of mouth keeps them going. That says a lot doesn't it!

Hufty
31st Mar 2004, 07:38
I did my IR there at the end of 2003 - I was very pleased with the instruction I received and thought the place was well run. The aircraft were in good shape but being an international airport there can be delays due to jet traffic. The weather at Bristol can be pretty bad during the winter too which makes for some good actual instrument conditions. In fact the weather was hovering around Cat 1 minimums for around a quarter of my details!

There are lots of good B&Bs in the area too and I am glad that I went there.

Hufty.

BillieBob
31st Mar 2004, 12:42
Ironicially, BGS is used by integrated training providers - CTC for example Actually, BGS is not used by "integrated training providers", if by that you mean providers of the JAA Integrated ATPL course. By definition, those training providers must include the necessary ground training in their own course.

CTC run approved modular courses for the JAA CPL(A) and IR(A) as well as a MPA type rating. These courses are combined with and follow PPL(A) training and hour building in New Zealand - for a NZ licence.

The fact that the CTC marketing blurb refers to this as 'integrated' (note the lower case 'i') is a source of some annoyance to Cabair, WMU, OAT and FTE (ex BAe), which are the only UK approved providers of the JAA Integrated ATPL(A) course. But then, when could you ever trust a school's marketing department?

This is in no way intended to suggest that BGS ground training or the CTC course is in any way flawed - in fact, it's probably the best course around and certainly the only one to include a MPA type rating.