PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet at Newcastle

Pembo330
30th Mar 2004, 10:08
Can anyone tell me what Easyjet aircraft are based at Newcastle?

How many are there?

Do any EZY NCL flights use based aircraft from elsewhere?

Is there a mix of 733s and 73Gs?

Any information on routes, aircraft mix and basings would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

simonwa
30th Mar 2004, 11:52
There are currently four easyJet aircraft based at NCL with a fifth due on 15 April. There are three B733's and one B73G. Not sure what the fifth aircraft is to be yet.

All NCL flights are operated by the NCL based aircraft (however for winter 03/04 the morning Bristol rotation was operated by a BRS aircraft).

Easyjet currently operates to 9 destinations from NCL and were introduced as follows:

November 01 - STN (former GO route)
March 02 - BFS, BCE, ALC (2nd based aircraft)
August 02 - BRS, CDG, PRG (3rd based aircraft)
December 02 - CPH, AGP (4th based aircraft)

New routes:
April 03 - PMI, NCE
May 04 - SXF (Berlin).

Rumours abound that a sixth aircraft will arrive at the end of the summer to operate possibly more STN rotations and an extra CDG. Some Italian routes would be good!

Stud3
30th Mar 2004, 12:33
Incorrect 'Simonwa'

Newcastle has 3x 73G's based at the moment and 1 733 at the moment, but even this varies from time to time due a/c swaps, maintenance etc.

Supposidly, when the 5th aircraft arrives -a 73G - the whole base will be 73G aircraft.

simonwa
30th Mar 2004, 14:20
I stand corrected.

Have the other 73G's been there for a while? Last I heard it was all 733's except for one.

Has anyone heard of easyjet's plans for the future at NCL?? Anyone out there with any rumours for new destinations. I read recently they wanted to expand business routes.

Pembo330
30th Mar 2004, 15:03
Thanks for your help guys - much appreciated.

Stud3
30th Mar 2004, 15:21
Have the other 73G's been there for a while? Last I heard it was all 733's except for one

Yup, Since December there's been a range of 73G's based at Newcastle briefly.

I read recently they wanted to expand business routes.

Well nothing in stone yet, but you heard right. However due to the hectic summer that its going to be at newcastle, easyjet are unable to base a 6th a/c until at least October/November due to the lack of parking spaces there'll be.

From May onwards, its supposed to be a 73G base only.

10 DME ARC
30th Mar 2004, 21:12
Stud 3

We could still easily sqeeze in a few more night stoppers this summer no.........problem...........:)

GrahamK
30th Mar 2004, 22:08
You gonna fit a 757 on the GA ramp then ;)

johnwalton
31st Mar 2004, 08:21
Stack them up on the taxiways maybe?

10 DME ARC
31st Mar 2004, 08:39
Don't worry boys, even for the very brief times this summer every one is 'home' we still on present stand layout have stands free and the option to supplementary park if we have extra movements.
No one will turn down any extra Easyjet a/c.:D

Jamesair
31st Mar 2004, 14:34
10 DME ARC

That's good news then for any new operators that might be attracted to the airport and hopefully Easyjet 6 could arrive first week in August as per 2003.

FinalsToLand
31st Mar 2004, 20:36
Don't worry boys, even for the very brief times this summer every one is 'home' we still on present stand layout have stands free and the option to supplementary park if we have extra movements.

Are we talking about the same airport here?

The speed they are working on resurfacing the stands at the moment i will be suprised if 11 & 12 are re-opened for the summer.

Unfortunatly daily stand planning lacks thought alot of the time and results in unessecary coaching departures and delays.

Maybe if someone with abit of common sense and intelligence gets put in charge, not the fat cats who see nothing but £££'s infront of their eyes, we might see things change for the better & not get worse.

F.T.L