PDA

View Full Version : CPL / Fatpl jobs?

nottelling
29th Mar 2004, 14:09
I have not yet reached the stage of completing my CPL but was thnking about what I options I have before making any more desisions. I am 21 with a PPL and a BEng degree in Aero engineering.

My end ambition is to become an airline pilot, but realisticly I know that I will need to work in the industry to reach that point.

I currently hold my PPL I plan to go on to gain my night and IMC ratings next then go on to my CPL.
At this point what options do I have for employment without further training?
As I understand there is very little?
So based on this belief I will need more training, I see two options either an instructor rating or to gain IR and multi rating. If I gain my instructor rating I understand the career progression is to gain experience and the extra ratings then go on to the airlines.
If I go on to do my multi/IR ratings what options do I have then?

Thanks

NT:ok:

JB007
29th Mar 2004, 15:06
nottelling

Take it one step at a time - you've got age on your side but also alot of work still to come, get your Night/IMC and some flying experience and if your heart is truly set on flying for a living then start the ball rolling on finding a school for your ATPL exams...

The best option with just a CPL is to go the flying instructor route, but you can see what the market place is like when you get to that stage - it may be better to put the £6000 into your Multi/IR if it's looking positive...

Try not to look too far ahead, the job market could be a very different place by the time you are in a position to be looking for work..concentrate on the job in hand...

flygal
1st Apr 2004, 22:49
Do you instructors rating!!

Im 21 I have a M.E CPL/IR and no job!! Things are beginning to move but not just yet. Ive heard easy are looking for just short of 400 pilots and BA want 200 DEP. If this is true then job opportunities in the turbo-prop world will be appearing soon (flybe etc) but my guess is that it will be mid to late summer.

Im electing to spend £6000 on an FIC course to make the most of the summer and break the 400 hour band that alot of airlines ask for.

Hope this helps and goodluck with your training!!:D

joe
2nd Apr 2004, 13:25
flygal are your initials S H ?

Arrowhead
4th Apr 2004, 10:07
Best advice - try to get on the CTC scheme