PDA

View Full Version : Unrest at Dhl

wheelbarrow
26th Mar 2004, 21:58
Shame that top Guys - trainers and experienced line pilots are leaving due to imminent enforced 9and5 or structured roster as management like to call it.
A 10% per year attrition rate of crews average since the start - Cph flyer - comments ?

neil armstrong
27th Mar 2004, 00:15
You can never please everybody!
I think that most people are tired of the current roster setup ,so something has to change!
I'm for the 8/6 , 9/5 or whatever you want to call it ,but i can understand that some people dont like it.
What can you do to keep everybody happy?? maybe offer a 50%/job share deal!
what i like in the 8/6 roster is that you know a couple of months ahead when yr off ,and off course the 3 times 20 days leave.

Neil:=

6000PIC
27th Mar 2004, 12:06
I`m sure the DHL Air blokes who left recently to join AV8 are kicking themselves if in fact they listened to the likes of your rumour mongering. Funny how things happen...

neil armstrong
27th Mar 2004, 12:14
Wouldnt want to call it FUNNY!!!

Neil

6000PIC
28th Mar 2004, 14:02
...ok then Neil , you`re right , just bad luck that`s all.

BarrowBoy
28th Mar 2004, 15:56
Neil,

Sorry to burst your bubble but with the current proposal you will not know what days you have any further ahead than you currently do.

Do you really think that the proposed roster stability is going to work??????????

Also the thought of 3 x 20 days off sounds nice but if you look closely you will find the comapny are actually getting 9 days leave back off us free of charge!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe me I will explain all next time I see you.

Termite
28th Mar 2004, 18:40
The 8/6, 9/5 whichever you want to call it, only works if there is give and take. In my experience of this lot, YOU will GIVE and THEY will TAKE. Best stamp on the rose-tinted spectacles right away, get real and forget past experience of the (largely) enjoyable version that Flash evolved and executed without major glitches.