PDA

View Full Version : Flyglobespan + Crew training

mmeteesside
26th Mar 2004, 19:00
They have been coming to Teesside for the past few weeks, and I wondered why their crew training is so different to everyone else? They train their cockpit crew by flying between say MME, LTN/STN and CWL, BRS etc, instead of staying at one airport and do practice approaches.

Also they have been crew training quite a lot, so is their any more aircraft due?

Cheers
mmeteesside
MME Movements (http://www.mmemovements.tk)

Mr Angry from Purley
26th Mar 2004, 19:15
MME MAN

Practice approaches are normally associated with crew new on type as the last item for aircraft conversion.
Sectors between MME-CWL-GLA etc would be for type rated crews, possibly new to the airline, regaining recency prior to passenger Ops.
A normal "new" Airline requires 2 crews to be available for the CAA AOC proving flight

:\

mmeteesside
26th Mar 2004, 19:21
Ah right, thanks for clearing that up for me! Also very speedy reply ;)

Cheers
mmeteesside

witchdoctor
26th Mar 2004, 19:30
I thought flyglobespan used flight crews leased from Channel Express. Has this changed, or did I have the wrong end of the stick to start with?:confused:

mmeteesside
26th Mar 2004, 19:35
No I don't think they do

HTH
mmeteesside

PS: Flyg just landed here again, as GSM136T

opsgeezer
26th Mar 2004, 20:08
The globespan situ is a bit complex.

The EDI based aircraft belong to Channel Express and are crewed by Channex and operate under EXS flight numbers.

There are 3 GLA based aircraft.

1 is supplied by Islandsflug and the flight deck crew is supplied by them. The cabin crew will be working for Globespan (I think!) This aircraft flies under EXS flight numbers.

The other 2 GLA aircraft are going to be operated by Globespan under their own AOC and flight numbers from next month.

Confused?! I told you it was complex!

MaxMet
27th Mar 2004, 11:37
Are being operated by ex-Cougar employees at Cougars old base @ Bishops Stortford many of the flight crew and ops staff are ex Cougar as are the current flight and engineering directors. I also believe that a Mr K Newnham is the current MD.

The EDI branch of fly Globespan are I believe being operated by Chanex. The main FlyGlobespan offices are Located in Edinburgh and the overall owners are based in Canada.

Apologies for any misinformation.

Good luck to all @ FlyGlobespan some of you deserve a break.

:ok: Max

HZ123
29th Mar 2004, 11:30
From reading the thread and the numbers involved the staff will certainly need a lot of luck as some of those involved have lost airlines in the past.

witchdoctor
29th Mar 2004, 16:56
opsgeezer,

Thanks for that. I thought I had seen an ad in Flight for 733 rated flightcrews earlier this year and presumed that globespan would be moving towards having their own in-house crews, but my understanding of the current operation at that time was that the a/c were wet leased from chanex.

Was worried I might be going even more crazy for a mo!;)

Tom the Tenor
29th Mar 2004, 20:39
Saw one or was it two nicely painted up Flyglobespan 737-300s at Stansted on Saturday outside the FLS hangar. Lot of expansion with the extra aircraft so what are the current and new routes - are all the services originating in Scotland or are there any from England? Good a good vibe from the painted up aircraft as our FR902 taxiied in from good ol' Cork! :)