PDA

View Full Version : New Callsign for TCX?

FinalsToLand
26th Mar 2004, 14:34
`Heard today that on 15th april TCX callsign will change from 'Globe' to 'Top-Jet' can anyone confirm?

FTL

BEST L/CONTROLLER
26th Mar 2004, 14:58
I've heard that they were changing their all sign but wasn't sure what the new one was gonna be, "TOP-JET" i can see people get mixed up with "JET-SET" on a busy after noon in OPS when you've got both airlines calling you. "GREAT"

CHEERS!!!:ok:

expedite_climb
26th Mar 2004, 16:47
Yup, thats correct.

Personnaly I prefered 'Firecrest', Glad 'Thomas Blue' didnt get it !

EGCC
26th Mar 2004, 16:55
Whats the reason for the change? Is 'Globe' causing confusion?

LIMA OR ALPHA JUNK
26th Mar 2004, 17:12
Expedite climb, I voted for Firecrest too. I can see Top Jet and Jetset getting muddled over the airwaves this summer.

EGCC, Globe wasn't working and was causing a lot of confusion especially with the Greek ATCs. Likewise a one syllable call sign was not always easy to pick up on the radio.

HOMER SIMPSONS LOVECHILD
26th Mar 2004, 20:33
Top-Jet it shall be. "Globe" never really worked.
"Thomas Cook" works brilliantly and is completely idiot proof.Unfortunately,being an integrated, european, pan global, proud, guest- obsessed type organisation,the Belgian arm has it. It is apparently beyond the realms of our ingenuity to extend it to the UK fleet.Far too difficult.
"Top-Cat " was by far the most popular choice in house( "T-C",,,geddit??) but is owned by someone else.
The DFO was so fed up with his pilots whinging about "globe" he insisted on a list of alternatives going to the vote.The troops have voted for "Top-Jet" but I suspect most would now prefer to just live with "Globe":\

Wycombe
27th Mar 2004, 11:56
.....quiet often hear a Jetranger at my home field calling "Top Cat 01". Owned by a Co. called Helicopter Services I believe.