PDA

View Full Version : New Airport Terminal - Guernsey

Ayline
24th Mar 2004, 17:56
Guernsey's New £16.2M Airport Terminal will become operational next month. To see photos (approx 20) of the New Terminal Building visit www.ciaviation.com and click "New Terminal".

tech...again
25th Mar 2004, 22:08
It's great to see this happening, but rather sad that only a couple of carriers will benefit. GCI really has lost the majority of its regular carriers in recent years.

eal401
26th Mar 2004, 08:03
I believe the official opening ceremony was yesterday?

Ayline
28th Mar 2004, 21:19
Yes you are correct. Official opening was last Thursday and was marked by a flypast of a Nimrod which made three go-arounds. The new terminal will become operational on Monday 19th April.

Ayline
19th Apr 2004, 19:51
The New Terminal Building became operational today. Demolition of the former terminal is due to commence at the end of this month. www.ciaviation.com

KAT TOO
19th Apr 2004, 23:15
If they'd spent some money on more runway length they might have got a better return on their investment, still i guess they can always use it to park rental cars on!:ok:

Dimbleby
20th Apr 2004, 15:34
Yes, the new terminal looks very nice indeed.

A little investment in the runway now and all will be well in the world.

I am of course taking it as a given that the lack of ramp space will be adressed with the demolition of the 'old terminal'.

Looklively
21st Apr 2004, 08:51
Good point Dimbleby.

Occasionally fly in, in a light twin and always being shunted to the "plastic". Now this is ok in summer, but in autumn through spring with the mud oozing up through the covering.

Yeuch!!!

lasernigel
21st Apr 2004, 12:11
Changed a lot since I flew into Guernsey from Speke on a Cambrian airways DC3 in 1960.Was allowed into the cockpit over Wales..Happy memories

MEFLYBE
21st Apr 2004, 14:28
The terminal reminds me very much of the one at Belfast City, same kind of Departure lounge, viewing area/cafe and apron access(covered walkways)

Regards

Mike