PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take an average aviation student to get all their licences $ ratings

rookie15
24th Mar 2004, 00:50
Hi everyone,

Iam a college student very interested in aviation. Ive done about 30 hours of flying and solo for the first time. I also took private ground school I. I was wondering how long it usually takes for a student to get all their licences and ratings and flying hours before they can get hired by someone. If anyone has any feedback id greatly appreciate it.

thanks

expedite_climb
24th Mar 2004, 07:15
Hi Rookie,

If you use the search engine at the top of this page you'll find lots of topics covering this, there is one currently running in the correct location - Pro Pilot Training Forum.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119421

Took me 6 months from PPL to CPL with FI rating (ATPL exams), back in '97.

Great Circle
24th Mar 2004, 08:30
Hi Rookie,

I recently completed a JAA ATPL-Integrated course. Start to finish the school plans for 2 years +-3months, due to weather delays, etc. You have a head start on us, but 6 months seems a little shy on time. We graduate with Frozen-ATPL, CPL, ME, SE, IR, MCC. The program totals 155hrs.SE, 35hrs.ME, 20hrs.fixed sim(FNPT or the like), 20hrs.MCC FFS, and 10 hours aerobatics. We also did the FireFighting and First Aid stuff as well. It took all of us a minumum of 6 months just to study and take the ATPL Theory tests. There are 14 of them :yuk: But now we're done and all looking for jobs. We thought there were tough times during the training? HA!! That was NOTHING compared to getting your first flying job:( . Hope it helps... Let me know if I can help in any way.

See ya',

Great Circle