PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth FT or Bristol Flight Centre

Need4Speed23
23rd Mar 2004, 22:56
Hello,

I have searched the PPrune archives and cannot find much feedback, to help me decide which school to go it. Help is much appreciated.

I am doing a conversion from an FAA IR to a JAA IR, it is a relatively short course, involving about 15-20hrs. I would really like people to share any positive or negative experiences they may have had at either Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training (BCFT) or Bristol Flight Centre.

I saw the aircraft at BCFT and was very impressed, just not heard a lot about their IR training. Course Costs are very similar, so money really does not differ much between them. My main concern is quality, efficiency and enjoyment during the training.

Look forward to hearing what you might have to say.

Cheers
Speed

Send Clowns
24th Mar 2004, 20:20
Can't comment on the company, as I am not a disinterested observer (being one of the ground instructors) but for "enjoyment" Bournemouth is a great place to be. I did my course down here, and have stayed in the area since. The airport facilities are good too for the type of course (hence there are 5 commercial flight training schools here, of whom we are, of course, the best ;) ). Can recommend some good pubs, decent clubs and worthwhile restaurants in town. The strip joints I have not experienced, so cannot tell you which is better :p

JB007
26th Mar 2004, 09:12
Can't comment on BCFT either, but as another option I would highly recommend Professional Air Training at Bournemouth....

PAT (http://www.professionalairtraining.co.uk/)

Cheers
JB

Stoney X
26th Mar 2004, 11:53
I did my PPL at BFC, Bournemouth Flying Club, which is part of BCFT, or is it the other way around. Anyway, I really enjoyed my time there and fully intend doing CPL and IR there. The CPL and IR students I spoke to all seemed very happy with the setup.

Regards
Stoney X

Need4Speed23
26th Mar 2004, 13:40
Cheers Guys.:ok:

I went down to Bristol today. Was quite impressed with what I saw and the people I met. Everyone seemed casual, and that snobbery that often surrounds GA was not evident at all. Both with the students and Instructors.

The aircrafts (BE76) at BCFT looked newer/better equiped.

Well I will deliberate for the weekend - any more thoughts would be welcome.

Cheers
Speed