PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Results - League Tables

AndyDRHuddleston
23rd Mar 2004, 13:11
I have recently been to stay with a friend who is studying for his ATPL's at EPTA in Bournemouth and whilst there I was privileged to have a brief tour of their facilities.

Whilst looking around I saw a table showing the average pass rates for each ATPL subject, and am now wandering which training facility boasts the highest subject pass rates for the ATPL's through the residential route (Please include any outside of Europe).

Thanks

ADRH

Keith.Williams.
23rd Mar 2004, 14:03
Andy,

The problem is that most schools claim that theirs are the best. Or at least better than most of the others. It is one of those rather strange situations where everyone is well above average!!!!!!

The results that you saw on my notice board are straight from the CAA e-mail. I make no changes other than to delete the student names. I do this to avoid embarassing the small number of students who do badly.

You may have noticed that I also publish the national averages, so that students can judge for themselves where we stand.

But each school receives only its own results, plus the averages for the entire CAA realm. So no school can truly say that they know that theirs are the highest.

FlyingForFun
23rd Mar 2004, 14:15
This has been discussed a few times before.

As well as everything Kieth says, it's also been pointed out that comparing one school with another is pretty meaningless. For example, if one school pre-screens its students for suitability (e.g. because the students are sponsored), then you would expect that this school would getter higher result than a school which will train any Joe Bloggs who walks through the door. There were lots of other reasons why such a comparison would be meaningless, which is why it's extremely unlikely that either the schools or the CAA will help you get this information.

FFF
--------------

AndyDRHuddleston
24th Mar 2004, 07:17
Thanks guys.

I have a place in mind but was trying to get some figures to back up my decision to go there!

Either way, I think a residential course is the one for me!!

Thanks Again

ADRH

proxus
24th Mar 2004, 17:44
Does anyone have a link maybe, so I could see how I stand ??

Silly question maybe, :hmm:

Aerofoil
24th Mar 2004, 18:36
AndyDRHuddleston

Check your PM's :ok: