PDA

View Full Version : CAA and the MCC

DanBaxter
22nd Mar 2004, 07:55
Hello all,

I've searched the CAA site but to no avail, and I'm loathed to take up PLD's precious time with my query...so can any of you answer this one for me?

Just completed an MCC and JOC course at Oxford (thoroughly recommend it as a great course by the way) and have just thought about the good old CAA. Do I need to send them any paperwork from this course? They'd better not be after any more money though.....!

Cheers,
Daniel

22nd Mar 2004, 08:11
No - you just keep hold of the certificate and bung 'MCC' on your CV

Luke SkyToddler
22nd Mar 2004, 08:28
... and then when you get your first multi crew type on your licence, you or your employer will have to send them a copy of the MCC course completion certificate along with the LST test report.

:ok:

scroggs
22nd Mar 2004, 11:05
....which is because the MCC was always intended to be part of your first type rating, and not a separate subject which the FTOs could fleece you for! But the rules weren't tied down sufficiently tightly, and the FTOs realised that here was another money-making opportunity. Ah well.

Scrogs

Global Pilot
23rd Mar 2004, 06:44
So much for hamonisation! The IAA require your MCC to be held on file after completion. They ask you to forward it to them asap. Different rules for different authorities. I woudl call the CAA and see what they want you to do.