PDA

View Full Version : Flyblu @ BHX

WEBLUEIT
21st Mar 2004, 07:39
Anyone have news on the launch of flyblu? Is it still on for 3rd June? They had good publicity at a recent travel show held in Birmingham at the end of Feb, and I hope it works out.

I know people have sent in cvs to them with no reply back. What I find interesting is on their website they say the cabin crew training is 6 weeks. Well they had better get started asap if they want to the first flight to go on schedule!!

richterscale10
21st Mar 2004, 07:54
Yeah - I sent my CV in - backed up by another CV a few weeks later - and then a powerpoint presentation to impress.......but still nothing back from them!
I like their ethos of the return of a quality standard of service during a flight....so I hope they are on track and things start as planned....

Just want it to include me!!!!!!!

Anyone else?

Mike16
21st Mar 2004, 08:36
Hi

Well glad i am not the only one, i sent my c.v off ages ago as well, and yet heard nothing....I have a friend who applied only on Tuesday this week, and yet she has recieved a reply via E-mail saying she will be contacted next week.
She is very lucky, i will reapply today and see what happens

Mike

crewmeal
21st Mar 2004, 09:05
Me too!!! I sent in my cv via email then backed it up with the official forms they required.

Called last week and they said 'no news is good news, we will be in touch shortly'

A powerpoint presentation Rich? nice one what was it on?

richterscale10
21st Mar 2004, 20:59
Crewmeal......all about MEEEEEE!!!!!!

Hey - if you dont blow your own trumpet - it is difficult sometimes to find someone else that knows how!

Mike.....let me know if you get anything back this time - or has your friend got a telephone number for flyblu?

Mike16
21st Mar 2004, 21:13
Hi Rich

How are you ? well the phone number for fly blu i have used is the one on there website, under contact us...
To be honest with you, when i last spoke to them about 4 weeks ago i was told then, if i was succesful with my application they were contacting people that week/ early next week..
Well i hope this is not another NOW, does anyone know if they have got there aircraft yet, licences etc..... would be interesting to know
Mike

Hi all

Well had a PM from someone who has the same feelings as me.
Fly blu have done no advertising yet ?
No aircraft ?
No recruitment ?

On the website it says they are conducting interveiws in Feb for crew, well half way through march and nothing.
I have a nasty feeling this will be NOW 2........

To be honest, i think i will take a back seat on this one and see if they get up and running first, give it a year then maybe i will join

Mike

Mike16
22nd Mar 2004, 12:58
Hi

Has anyone had any joy today at all with flyblu ?
Please let us know

Mike

Hello

Well i will not be applying for this airline now, i rang up this dinner time to see how my application was doing,
I rang and spoke to a man, i asked to speak to the personnel dept and this guy said he would help me, i said to him, i am very sorry to trouble you, but i applied a few weeks ago with yourselves for a position of cabin crew at your airline.
His reply was utter belief, he started to lecture me on english litreture ( my spelling is bad ) saying i would have no chance at all speaking like that to him, well i was in shock and asked why, he says there is no such word in the english language as yourselfs ?
I have also been told there maiden voyage on the 03.06.04 is now not taking place at all.....
ALARM BELLS ARE RINGING....... BE VERY CAREFUL FOLKS.
Can other people ring and see how they get on, i rang tel no- 0121 708 4585 this is the head office number,
Cheers
Mike

richterscale10
22nd Mar 2004, 16:43
I'll have a go tomorrow Mike!!!!

Just watch yerselfs everybody with this lot!

Rich

Mike16
22nd Mar 2004, 17:01
Hi Rich

I wanted to let you all know of this incase it does turn out to be another NOW.
My friend also rang today and spoke to a lady there and to be honest did not give much help out at all. This is the same and ONLY woman who is answering all head office enquiries and also the SAME woman who is taking all reservation enquiries on the 0845 telephone number. A few weeks ago when i rang there were all various departments you got put through to and a lot more people, now all of a sudden they are all gone !
I hope someone can help us lot out here? with futher info
Mike

FEBA
23rd Mar 2004, 09:29
MI6
The same lady told me that the project was fully funded and that a summer launch was well under way. I doubt it somehow.

richterscale10
23rd Mar 2004, 12:38
I called flyblu today ......

A lady answered and I asked for the HR Dept. A guy called Marcus answered and assured me that my details had been rec'd, however the lady called Liz that is in charge of all this stuff is a little busy and has yet to get through it all and sift out the wheat from the chaff so to speak! At that point they will be contacting people to come in for interviews....

I asked when that point would be - but he was reticent to answer.....

Apparently there will be no flights now until July of 2004 and the timetable had been pushed back.

So he suggested that I sit back and dont worry!

That would be OK to do if I didn't have a mortgage to pay!!!!!

I may sit back from any anticipation of this outfit getting off the ground however.......

Rich

bacardi walla
23rd Mar 2004, 12:41
Liz and NOW are connected. That's where the connection stops.

Mike16
23rd Mar 2004, 14:59
Hi

Well thanks guys for replying, i am glad i am not the only one here, i have had many doubts now....
Liz i was told yesterday was on leave.... now she is busy !!!!! i am puzzled.....
I think i will knock this on the head now. Shame could of been really good, probably someone could look at this for us all and open up a brand new airline to operate from EMA, i wish. Well you never know, it is getting bigger and a new terminal is coming at long last.
Keep in contact guys
Mike

Mike16
23rd Mar 2004, 18:15
Hi bacardi
What do you mean about liz and now ? did she work for them ?
Interesting if she did. I just hope people don't get hurt this time around
Mike

bigbanana
23rd Mar 2004, 21:44
strikes me there is a lot of stupidity in the people who MIGHT qualify for cabin crew! Doesn't anyone care that the big shots at flyblu will read this site and laugh as they drive home in their Jags???

frankly, we deserve all the crap we get if this is the best we can do. Who else is forming a que to create employment? hope you all feel real good as you go to sleep at night UNEMPLOYED!

I for one hope it works because I cannot bear being tarred with the same brush as you idiots. I hope I still hear from LIZ and I hope you dont, because the thought of working with people as stupid as you fills me with horror.

p.s. dont complain about people who point out your english is bad when it is! either fix it or shut the f**k up!

This forum really does piss me off!

richterscale10
23rd Mar 2004, 22:12
Hey - you bigbanana

Read this and understand that we DO want it to work.......same as we wanted NOW to go ahead and Air Omega to go ahead as we were well in the running for good jobs with those outfits!!!!

We possibly might be a little cynical after putting in lots of effort for these two previous outfits only for them to come to nothing.....

I for one think flyblu should do very well in the present low cost/sub standard service climate that we find ourselves in and with a background in VVIP I hope to be in the running for a job with them....not necessarily cabin crew......

So - be nice - dont burn your bridges and get that bigbanana deflated a little huh?

bacardi walla
24th Mar 2004, 06:44
Mike16 yes, Liz did work at NOW and my concern is that she may get her fingers burnt again. She's a lovely girl and deserves to be looked after, as do most of us in this business we call aviation. Let's hope then, that this venture at BHX will get airborne unlike the one south of the border. I don't think it will though - in my opinion (that's for jmc-man when he surfaces on this thread).

Mike16
24th Mar 2004, 07:34
Well Big banana

Aren't we a big banana now.... For your information i rang fly blu back and asked to speak to the so called gentleman who made this comment to me, The guy who answered the telephone to me was the same guy, who did turn out to be the CEO of FLYBLU.
To be honest with you , i put my case to him, as to why he was so rude to me, and then he Apologised to me, saying he was having a bad day !
As a decent English man myself, i accept this apology as we all have bad days, no one is perfect, for your information BANANA man i do have a GCSE pass of A in English and a O level pass in English, so please do not ever talk to me in that tone, at least get yourself a decent name, instaed of Banana man, i think i know who the kid is here...
In regards to what Bacardi and Richter are all saying, we are in much doubt about this project as the so called airlines like NOW etc have let us down in the past, promising new fast careers for us, excellent pay, brilliant prospects etc for them to go under the week before operation.....
I do hope Flyblu will make it, but i think they are having problems, no aircraft, no licences, no flight deck etc and now the maiden voyage flight on 3.6.4 is now cancelled to futher notice.
When you compare this to the other no frills airline setting up this late summer to the states and canada ( Zoom airlines ) i saw this on a thread yesterday, they are starting up late summer, and there website is very reassuring, see for yourself, there is a big difference from the flyblu website.
Shame it is only operating from Glasgow and LGW, wished it would come to EMA, may be one day !
Well lets hope flyblu do get set up and have a long prosperous future in the Midlands.
Thank you
Mike

WEBLUEIT
24th Mar 2004, 10:09
If the CEO is having a bad day, I wonder why?? What is the problem? Why can't they get going on the scheduled date? Why still no aircraft? Licences? AOC etc etc. After all the hype on TV/newspaper articles, I would have thought they would have got their act together. All this gives new start up airlines of the future a bad name in the industry

Mike16
24th Mar 2004, 21:40
Hi

Well i hope they do make a go of it, but somehow i don't think they will

jmc-man
24th Mar 2004, 22:04
Did someone ring?

Oh, it was You Bacardi Walla. How are u doing?

FLYBLU ? Well, lots of similarity with the NOW situation, except I think they have a bit more commercial experience in their team.

I don't think a schedule to Florida will work,and if you think taking on Easy in LTN as a challenge, try the North Atlantic, a veritable bloodbath.

Now we're starting to see delays in start-up which is NOT a good sign.

Lets wait and see....

What did "linda" do in NOW?

Mike16
24th Mar 2004, 22:08
Well Banana man

I have just read your message again, and to be honest you are a very insulting little xxxx, with the kind of attitude you have you will get no where in life..
Can i ask you to explain yourself, why insult me, do you know me ? NO, how dare you .
Well after the apology i got from the CEO , who was at this stage very nice to me, i can gaurantee you, people like YOU will never even board the aircraft.
Many thanks
Mike

Keep ure namecalling outa here

richterscale10
25th Mar 2004, 05:53
Mike! Did you have a drink? Is that some Dutch courage creeping out? Bananarama IS a little outspoken.....but there is the difference between the niave and the wise. (from one owl to another!)

PS Was it a good bottle?

Rich

Mike16
25th Mar 2004, 11:29
Hi /Rich

Strong stuff that wine !!!!!!! i think not, well sorry to anyone i offended but it gets me a little mad when people insult other's.
So has anyone heard today on flyblu ??