PDA

View Full Version : hour building in spain.

AIRWAY
20th Mar 2004, 20:10
Hi,

Looking for some advice, where in spain including islands would it be best to do hour building?

Im considering a holiday to spain in a near future and would like to do some flying over there, at the moment im looking either southern Spain or Gran Canaria, and preferably would like to fly either the PA28 or a TB10.

Any help would be appreciatted.

peb
20th Mar 2004, 20:51
Check this one.

http://www.aerodynamics-malaga.com/

131 euros C-172 (50h)
103 eruos C-150 (50h)

:ok:

I know a few ones more but they are not in the cost line.

BarajasGuy
21st Mar 2004, 11:49
Dear AIRWAY,

I recommend you to have a look on the "Real Aeroclub de Gran Canaria" located at “El Berriel” aerodrome in the Gran Canaria Island

They have very competitive rates on PA28, plus the landscape is impressive.

Cheers

PS: more info at:

http://realaeroclubgrancanaria.iespana.es/realaeroclubgrancanaria/

AIRWAY
24th Mar 2004, 12:52
Thanks guys for the advice.

Very much appreciated

:ok:

mazzy1026
22nd Jun 2004, 12:32
Ive been trying to find this information myself for a while now.

I would be very interested in flying in Gran Canaria next year as I have just returned from the this weekend from a holiday (my first time on the island) - the scenery is spectacular and it would be an amazing place to fly. My question is does it form part of Spain as a JAR state - i.e. can you fly there with a JAR PPL?

The website posted is in Spanish and is a truly awful site - the google translator works ok though. Do you know if this is the only flying club on the island or are there more ?

Any help at all is much appreciated.

Regards

Maz

Dantruck
22nd Jun 2004, 13:55
Be aware Malaga (LEMG) currently has its annual NOTAM in place banning VFR flight Thursdays to Sundays, inclusive, until the end of the summer.

No probs IFR.

Elsewhere you could try www.aeroclubalicante.org who's site has good links to other clubs plus plenty of other general info on flying in Spain.

Dan

Flying surfer
22nd Jun 2004, 14:27
Airway,

I am currently living in the Canaries for the summer season and having been here before a few years ago I did a fare amount of flying back then. There is an operation on Lanzarote but I don't think they allow you to hire it is just pleasure flights in a 172 but they will take you anywhere within the Canaies. As mentioned by Peb try El Berriel in Gran Canria as that seems to e the only proper GA airfield anaries unfortunately I doubt if you will actually find anyone who speaks English.

How many hours were you looking at doing??

femaleWannabe
13th Apr 2006, 14:53
I go to tenerife and lanzarote on holiday each year and am interested in building some hours once i get my PPL. Probably not until next year though. But it would be good to maybe visit a few while I'm there this year. Anyone know of any good (english speaking) clubs in tenerife (near los christianos) or lanzarote ( costa teguise)? Thanks for any info :)

MD12
13th Apr 2006, 15:51
1) Instead of Aerodynamics Malaga, try www.aeroclubmalaga.com, which is much cheaper. They used to charge 83eur/hr, wet. (a few months ago). They require a probation flight and that's all.

2) The warning says that VFR are not allowed to land at Malaga Int. Airport, but you can fly both inside and outside the CTR, or even overfly the runway or cross the QMS without any problem.

3) Gran Canaria is a nice place, but there are not many places where you can go without being over the sea with a single engine. Yeah, it´s true that you can go to Morocco/Sahara or Mautitanie... but...

Good luck.

femaleWannabe
15th Apr 2006, 09:12
Thanks, but my Spanish is extremely limited so I can't understand the website! Anyone know anywhere in tenerife / lanzarote? I know there is lanza air but I'm not sure if they rent out planes? I emailed them but it bounced back :confused:

Joaquín
15th Apr 2006, 11:22
Mazzy,
JAR rules apply in the Canararies as is part of Spain.
Female Wannabe,
In Tenerife you have the Aeroclub. I understand it is not cheap, but you can ask. Their phone: 922 637877.
I have no idea about Lanzarote.
Good flights