PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow Exam Centre -nearest + cheapest Hotel?

Orvil
20th Mar 2004, 08:37
Hello fellow wannabes,
I am taking my ATPL up in sunny Glasgow.
Does any body know where the nearest + cheapest hotel is?
All I know upto now is that it's at Glasgow University, but not quite sure which site.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
:cool:

Hufty
20th Mar 2004, 10:22
I think there is a Holiday Inn Express just across the river from the exam centre - it is near a shopping centre - (St Enoch ?) if you need it.

54.98N
20th Mar 2004, 10:27
Try the Tulip Inn, its less than 5 minutes walk. I'm paying about £50 a night. It's nice and quiet plus you can nip back to do some last minute prep between exams. They also have a restaurant on-site.

Don't stay in the University accomodation, i've heard it's very noisy.

nunos
20th Mar 2004, 10:53
hi you all
i sat all of my exams in Glasgow and have been around a few hotels, firstly the nautical college is cheapest, noisest, and dullest although it is the closest to the exam center. Merchant Lodge is 10 mins walk, cheap and is in the "Gay" area of the city and is situated opposite a nightclub. Last time i stayed in the Tulip Inn £50 double room (i asked for single) full of celtic supporters from ireland who prop`d up the little bar to the early hrs and were a noisey lot (bring ear muffs) rooms are nice and restaurant is OK, this place is only 2mins from exam center, if i had to go back ( which i don`t passed the lot "finally" got results this morning ) i`d go to the Tulip Inn.
hope this helps

Orvil
20th Mar 2004, 13:08
Thanks all for your replies.
Saved me lots of leg work in this crucial time of panic!!

:ok:

Happy Landings

BobFlyer
20th Mar 2004, 16:00
Hi nunos

Could you tell us about your experiances at Glasgow college
what like is the course, the Instructors , the course text books etc
thanks

Flypuppy
21st Mar 2004, 10:06
Glasgow University is quite some distance away from the Glasgow College of Nautical Studies. In fact here is a map of where it is (http://www.glasgow-nautical.ac.uk/introduction/section2/where.htm)

and a link to the hotel (http://www.city-discounts.com/hotel_discounts/GLA_glasgow/GLA_DAYS_hotel_discounts.html)

duir
22nd Mar 2004, 10:18
I have plumped for the Nautical Studies Halls of residence. When I asked about the possibility of noisy students the lady said yes they will be noisy! However they have a private corridor of rooms which is out of the way. The rooms are ensuite and there is a private dining/TV room. It is £40.00 per night and that includes 3 meals. It is on campus for the exams. Hotels sound nice but could just as easily be noisy or disruptive to study.

Anyway the number to call is 0141 5652500