PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Expansion

Jamesair
19th Mar 2004, 13:21
I have just read in the local press that talks are in progress which could lead to a 6th EASYJET a/c being based at NCL from late summer and that NORWEGIAN may commence lo - cost flights from Oslo and Bergen to NCL from as early as May.

byezy
19th Mar 2004, 15:11
Where did you hear that? I know that EasyJet are basing their 5th aircraft at Newcastle early (15th April) but never knew about Norwegian? I'm a bit baffled!:uhoh: :ugh:

johnwalton
19th Mar 2004, 15:18
http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0500business/0100local/tm_objectid=14068196&method=full&siteid=50081&headline=airline-to-double-fleet-name_page.html

EasyJet to double their Newcastle fleet to 10 based aircraft over next five years!

Jamesair
19th Mar 2004, 16:26
as JOHN NEWTON shows ICNewastle the key in Newcastle Airport.
The items are taken from todays Newcastle Journal and tonights Evening Chronicle

sorry excuse my typing. should read ICnewcastle.....then key in Newcastle Airport.

reevesyk
19th Mar 2004, 19:48
I have Norwegian family who told me that the adverts for Norwegian.No to Newcastle are already over there, but not on there website??? They thought it was a April start

Stud3
20th Mar 2004, 11:24
And just where are they expecting to park their aircraft?

26 night stoppers over summer and only 23 stands available.

Its been bad enough this winter with delays due to airport facilities - coaching, ambu-lift etc.

I hope the morning departures are going to be staggered, or the airport will grind to a halt.

If say 8-10 internationals are off pier, they'll all need coaching and there's only 1 international coaching lounge with a capacity of about 200 pax max? hhhmmmm.

SWADLER747
20th Mar 2004, 15:16
Stud3....

It can only spell one word...........DELAYS !!!!

Findo
20th Mar 2004, 15:32
Norwegian are starting to Stansted. Maybe with Wideroe going to Bergen and Stavanger and Brathens going to Oslo someone has confused the services ?

Jamesair
20th Mar 2004, 16:08
mmmmmm all very confusing. The journalist in question used Norwegian Airways as the airline name and REEVESYK says his family in Norway have seen adverts from Norwegian.no covering the new routes.

I suppose there will be an announcement soon, there was once a rumour that Snowflake would do these routes but perhaps REEVESYK could get more info from his family on the adverts they have seen.

reevesyk
21st Mar 2004, 10:21
im confused, as Wideroe only operate to Stavanger, and Braathens don't operate to Newcstle anymore! Have i missed something.

Herlov
21st Mar 2004, 15:49
Norwegian Air Shuttle has not announced anything what so ever about a Newcastle-service in Norway and this is the first time I've even heard a rumour regarding it.

And Widerøe has not mentioned anything about a Newcaste-service from Oslo, either.

Jørgen, Norway

Jamesair
21st Mar 2004, 16:21
Herlov

This is NOT a rumour. The Newcastle Evening Chronicle quoted the Commercial Manager of Newcastle Airport as saying "We are confident of agreeing a deal which will see the new flights to Norway" the airline in question was Norwegian.

You can read the article at www.icnewcastle.co.uk...key in Newcastle Airport

sorry.....www.icnewcastle.com

Herlov
21st Mar 2004, 17:26
Oh, I see. Then this is great news!

Let's just hope that they don't expand too rapidly. They have already announced Prague, Budapest, Dubrovnik, Berlin, Pisa, Venice and Olbia this winter.

OSL traffic figures rose 8,5% in total (international traffic = 16%) in February, so things are definitively looking good! We will probably hit the 14 million mark this year.