PDA

View Full Version : Status of Swiss Aviation Training

N380UA
16th Mar 2004, 12:19
Hi all

Does anyone know the status of Swiss Aviation Training? I just visited their homepage, they are working with GE CAT – so does that mean that they will continue operations even when Swiss may go bust again?
Cheers

sharksucker
18th Mar 2004, 07:13
they are independent from Swiss International Airlines. Was the same with Swissair and Swissair Aviation School, they were not affected by bankruptecy of Swissair and merged with CrossCat a joint venture of Crossair and GeCat and were renamed to Swiss Aviation Training.
Only problem will be: Swiss International Airlines is the main Customer and when Swiss Int. Airlines will go bankrupt they will be in big trouble.
There were some efforts made in the past to aquire external customers (like Jetmagic (went bankrupt), Fairline Austria (never took off) or Eurojet Geneva (went bankrupt)...)
The times will become rough for them and in response of redimensioning Swiss Int. Airlines they had to lay off quite a few staff already and the Office in Basel is nearly being shut down..
If you are looking for pilot training go somewhere else!!
Did the training with them, was still fine, but things are getting worse as I heard..

Voeni
19th Mar 2004, 13:35
I do agree with sharksucker.

Did the training with them and it was good, they've got exceptional instructors - but that's all. organisation is bad, facilities are bad, they even have to outsource their flight training due to insurance reasons (GE is half owner and because they're yankees they don't wanna possess aircrafts, something like that but it's ridiculous for a flight school!!)

They continue to run their operations, mainly because the Swiss Army feeds them with about 20 students each year... otherwise they won't have a chance, only about 6 private ones a year.

Go somewhere else, I would suggest LH.