PDA

View Full Version : BA CitiExpress

In dis-sky's
15th Mar 2004, 13:49
Anyone who can confirm the situation with BA CitiExpress? Is there allready a verdict about what's going to happen in the future? Rumours about the Dash 8 leaving the fleet.

Regards.

retro cowboy
15th Mar 2004, 14:47
Hi there,

Had an interview with Citiexpress for a Navigation service officer position the other day, ops manager told me that they are moving to an all jet fleet fairly soon (next year or so). They are also losing money; which is obvious; hence they are keeping the fleet size the same or possibly downsizing over the next few years. BA won't shut this operation down though as this would cause quite an embarrassment in the aviation world.

Hope this helps.

RC

15th Mar 2004, 17:16
Rumour is we are keeping the fleet for the next two years at least apart from one or two possable handbacks

Red Snake
16th Mar 2004, 09:58
Not a rumour. The official line is BACX are moving to an all jet fleet. The unanswered question is when.

moggie
16th Mar 2004, 12:11
....although in a recent job advertisement, they were still asking for people with Dash 8 experience.

Mark Lewis
16th Mar 2004, 12:25
Many Dash conversion courses seem to be taking place at the moment. Can anyone give any information on the profitability of the MAN Dash routes? Also the SOU-BRU has been going for a while, and since the Jersey route was axed they have increased frequency on the Scottish routes, do these make money too?

ALLMCC
16th Mar 2004, 13:19
Does anyone know what the future holds for MAN - BHD - this used to be RJ100/145 operated - then went back to Dash 8 last April - have heard rumours this route might be going in the near future due to competition from WW from BFS.

MEFLYBE
16th Mar 2004, 13:48
If the MAN-BHD rumour IS true, and I doubt it is, I would expect Flybe. to jump in and start ops on the route, aka EDI and GLA routes from BHD.

Regards

Mike