PDA

View Full Version : Does is matter where you do your FIC?

retro cowboy
15th Mar 2004, 13:09
Good day to you all,

Just a note to ask the instructor community if they know if it matters where you do your FIC when it comes to prospective employment? I am contemplating going to a company called Coulson Aviation based at Cranfield, does anyone know anything about this company and can they recommend it?

Thanks to you all

RC:E

Hare O Plane
15th Mar 2004, 13:37
Where you do the course doesn't really matter when it comes to applying for work as an FI.

One or two schools who run FIC courses will only employ people who did their course. This is mainly for standardisation of training within the company. That way they don't encounter problems with each instructor having different methods and confusing students.

It's about the right time of year to do the course as GA picks up around April May time when the weather is meant to be better, so a few clubs and schools may be glad of some extra part time help or casual cover.

I would probably suggest looking around at some other schools that teach FIC to get a broader picture of who offers what, I have no knowledge of Coulson so I can't comment on them. I'm other side of the country!

Best of luck with it!
HOP

gemini76
15th Mar 2004, 13:48
RC,

If you do your FI rating with Dave Coulson, not only will you be a far better pilot, but you will have a degree in psychology!!

Dave is one hell of a character, and you will benefit immensely from his wealth of knowledge and experience.

You may not pass the course though, unless you nip down to Cafe Pacific for the odd chicken and mayo baguette!!!!!

Mustn't forget to mention the other chaps there,

Damian, Donald, Steve, in fact everyone there is so helpful.

Good luck RC, might even meet you there, due an IR renewal soon.