PDA

View Full Version : Best ATPL Notes

George Tower
14th Mar 2004, 05:22
Looking around there appears to be only the Oxford/Jeppesen or those produced by Pooleys. Are there any others like these and which of the above do people recommend?

Many thanks

GT

tomcs
14th Mar 2004, 09:48
Bristol GS.....awesome

Tom

George T
14th Mar 2004, 15:50
Agreed, Bristol GS.
I used them and even though the UK ATPL exams are a load of rubbish and have very little to do with flying Bristol GS explain it very well and have an excellent ground school.

George T

Charlie Zulu
14th Mar 2004, 16:38
Hi George Tower,

When you mention Jeppessen/Oxford and Pooleys am I correct in the belief that you may only be looking to buy the notes from a pilot shop and not a fully functional approved ATPL ground school course?

If you haven't already signed up to a fully approved ATPL ground school then do so before buying the Oxford or Pooleys notes. The fully approved course is *mandatory* in most cases and comes with its own notes in their own binders etc.

You can possibly buy the standalone notes from the pilot shop as supplementary reference material just as a second place to look up information if your the ground school you're using doesn't explain some concepts in a way you can understand.

The Bristol notes are second to none as is their approved ground school.

Some (not all) of the other ground school providers for distance learning and/or residential ground school that do ATPL courses are:

Oxford Aviation
Bristol Ground School
Cabair
Atlantic Flight Training
EAPT (I think - anyway they're in Bournemouth)
Naples Air Centre - ATPL Ground School Department

Sorry if I have mis-understood your post.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

Hare O Plane
14th Mar 2004, 18:18
Bristol Ground School

No doubt in my mind where I'd go if I had to do ATPL theory again.

George T sums it up that most of the exam theory is garbage and you'll never use half of it again.

(Just where and what is the 6 micro tesla zone?!?!)

Chuffer Chadley
14th Mar 2004, 19:41
Give GTS in Bournemouth a try.

Their notes are good, and I daresay they'll charge you less than BGS. They're not in colour, mind, but I have heard people who have studied from both sets, and claimed that GTS were superior.

Having completed my fATPL, GTS were the highlight of the training providers that I used.

Ciao
CC

Send Clowns
15th Mar 2004, 08:45
Charlie Zulu

Some of those you missed: London Metropolitan University, Glasgow College of Nautical Studies and my own employer Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training Centre, BCFT. We are an established school offering both full-time course and distance learning, using our own notes.

WX Man
15th Mar 2004, 10:52
I have seen the GTS notes, 4 Forces, BCFT, Oxford, and Bristol and I can honestly say that GTS (produced by Click2 PPSC) are the best, in my opinion.