PDA

View Full Version : we are damned!!(job)

skyman68
13th Mar 2004, 03:29
damn, there is no job in the JARLAND. whats wrong here??. sent my resume with more 2000h, I can not get one interview.

and you???

smaamer
13th Mar 2004, 20:57
Dear Skyman

I have several hours just under a thousand and I am in the same position as you looking and looking,this job hunting is an Soulbreaking experience,my advice to anyone out there is hang on and be positive this whole world lives and survives on hope!!

This job is like waiting for a bus at the bus stop,you wait for ages then they all come at once and things are moving so hang in there.

aces low
13th Mar 2004, 22:12
I am starting to feel one of the damned! Writing to airlines that first deny they have jobs, then they recruit a week later. Or they say you haven't enough experience, multi time, type rating etc and then you find out through the grapevine that they have recruited someone the next week ...with a third of your experience!

Getting that first job is a lottery unless you know someone on the inside track who can plead your case for when a vacancy does occur. Fair? No... but with supply exceeding demand by a factor of ten who cares.

In my opinion, the shambolic recruitment processes and opaque short termism create the constant bother that all the airlines complain about. They have only themselves to blame. Transparent recruiting processes would stop recruiters being mithered all the time by wannabes.

Meanwhile I plod away sending cvs and trying to follow up with calls to no avail. Am I downhearted?

Too bloody right.

Snigs
14th Mar 2004, 20:05
There are many of us in the same situation aces. The future is ok, don't be down hearted, we'll be sitting next to each other some time in the future!:ok:

aces low
15th Mar 2004, 07:33
Do they still have side by side seating in the job centres?

Only joking. There are still a few of us around from PPSC circa 2000, but it is still difficult to reconcile a situation where guys I know with 2000-3000 hours can't get a sniff while others with less than 500 hours are getting the nod for a RHS (even with turbo operators!).

The advice I have received from the pilot associations is ' be lucky' and be persistant. Yet some of the PFO letters I have been getting recently are saying ....' do not keep bothering us', yet jobs are not advertised so one needs to persist to be in the frame for any unforeseen opportunities.

Like I said previously, the airlines create the paper mountain and constant phone harrassment that they complain about.