PDA

View Full Version : Are these airlines still operating ?

The Nr Fairy
12th Mar 2004, 21:09
Are the following airlines still operating, in any part of the world ?

JetMagic (Ireland) - I think they've gone bust, but is there any chance of a resurrection ?

MagicBlue (Netherlands) ?

Majestic Air (USA somewhere) ?

zerozero
13th Mar 2004, 02:35
Majestic Air out of Anchorage, Alaska?

If that's the one, the answer is no.

The owner killed himself and his girlfriend after they crashed at Dutch Harbor a few years ago.

Fly safe.

bmibaby.com
16th Mar 2004, 18:38
JetMagic are no longer operating and all of their Embraer regional jets have been returned to their leasing companies or the airlines that they were leased from.

There are rumours that Jetmagic's management team are trying to resource financing to try and get the airline back in the skies by November, although these are unconfirmed!

The airline had an excellent product for its passengers - very professional full-service airline, with reasonably low fares.

Sadly, they spent a lot of their limited start up money trying to get their own AOC and trying to get the ERJ-135 certified for LCY. Otherwise I believe they had reasonably good load factors and making money on routes - just that the cash ran out.

yachtpilot
17th Mar 2004, 05:38
I believe that part of the problem with JM was the continental route not having decent payloads...The Belfst City route is a winner if the flights are timed to suit businessmen ....ie. early morning departure and evening return... problem comes in what to do for the rest of the day... Air South West had the same problem ...(with the addition of crap management) in the '90s

The Doubtful Guest
17th Mar 2004, 11:22
Had a MagicBlue this morning on the frequency.
dg

DaveMagic
24th Mar 2004, 14:04
I think the chance of Jetmagic flying back into the sky is slim to none. But I do hope that JSchnadt starts a new airline, and brings back the old staff. I for one would work for any of the management of Jetmagic again.:ok: