PDA

View Full Version : Czech flight schools

henriksch
12th Mar 2004, 20:04
Hi

I have been looking at 2 schools in the Czech republic for my IR training (very cheap), and was wondering if anybody have experience with that... In particular the Delta systems air and F-air academys.

Thank You

Speevy
12th Mar 2004, 20:55
Try to take a look at LET`S FLY FTO OSTRAVA, really nice place with a lot of nice and friendly people and some very good contacts.

Good luck and Good flying
Speevy

deTrix75
13th Mar 2004, 02:47
How cheap is "very cheap"?

henriksch
13th Mar 2004, 18:48
Very cheap is about 5500£ for ans IR-ME

http://www.f-air.cz/www_anglicke/index.htm

http://www.dsa.cz/en/index.html

George Foreman
15th Mar 2004, 11:29
Does anyone know how the integrated and modular courses are progressing at Cloud 9's startup operation at Brno in the Czech Republic ?

When I chose to come to Jerez I didn't take it any further (in any case I couldn't quit my job in time for their May launch course). It seemed like it was going to be done properly, and an interesting part of the world to spend a year, ie it seemed to be a good alternative at the time.

I'm sure browsers of this forum would be interested in hearing from anyone who has trained there ..

George

maxy101
15th Mar 2004, 12:20
Wouldn“t mind checking out the Czech stewardess training schools.....

razzele
18th Mar 2004, 07:00
those rates sound more than interesting to a cheapskate like myself.

maybe someone from there can give us all a headsup on this deal?

:ok:

egbb_2004
18th Mar 2004, 07:59
Does anyone know if these schools are JAA Approved? I mean that if i did any course there would it be valid in the UK or Germany?

henriksch
18th Mar 2004, 10:03
Actually the F-air school is 4100 £ if you do the SEP IR first, and then the extension to IR-ME

Here is the JAA approvement

http://www.caa.cz/pls/dmsdb_acm/acmif_felay.frm

Go to Approved FTOs...F-air is the first one..

As you can se at the top of the first page...theese schools are JAR-FCL 1 approved.

despegue
18th Mar 2004, 20:38
Cloud9 never started actually.
I was supposed to be instructing Meteorology in Brno, but haven't heard from the "management" since september 2003.
I would strongly advice against them after the money that I lost in applying for visa's, work-permits, visits to Prague and Brno, all in vain, Cloud9 is dead.

I must say though that the people were always friendly, but they obviously failed to succeed in their dream to establish a UK FTO in Middle-Europe.

razzele
18th Mar 2004, 22:06
OKay the cloud 9 group...

are they in league with either of the schools that the topic starter mentioned??

George Foreman
18th Mar 2004, 22:08
despegue,

Thanks for the info. I had been curious to know what happened. A bold venture and as you say, and from my limited contact, they seemed like nice people. Not the best of times to be setting up a new Integrated School, though, I'm sure.

flybyshark
16th Jun 2004, 07:37
I have heard on the grape vine that Cloud 9 are to be operational in Sept this year. No Iron clad info though, have to wait and see.......

grafity
16th Jun 2004, 12:09
If nothing else it looks like the place to go to do some hour building and sight seeing at the same time. Cheap rental and some nice views