PDA

View Full Version : Visit onboard LH 319 at O'Hare (ORD)

Ignition Override
12th Mar 2004, 13:19
Thank you to the pilots onboard the LH (Corporate Configuration) 319 yesterday, preparing for the flight to DUS, who allowed me to admire the very unique cabun layout and the cockpit. The Captain was from northwest Europe and the FO from northern Europe.

Very nice aircraft and a beautiful (heel mooi jevrouw) Lead Purser. ;)

Dank U wel mijnheer.:D

RUDAS
12th Mar 2004, 15:41
hey buddy,i'm glad you had a good time in that 319,but it's a GERMAN plane,why you talking DUTCH?:confused:

but hey,a hostie's a hostie in any language!!!!!!:ok:

TvB
14th Mar 2004, 17:24
"a hostie is a hostie..."

well in German you might say "SAFTSCHUBSE" as well... ;)

And a German registration does not imply Germans operating it (any more). Ever heard
of JAA and "united" Europe?

There have been German operators in the past who registered their planes in former Russia to have it operated by (cheaper) Russian crews. Same with the LH A319 business gimmick. Says LH but its not always LH where LH is painted on top!

For clarification: a plane registered in TX can also be flown by someboy from NJ as long he has the FAA ticket. Same in Europe, - nowadays! :ok:

A union nightmare though... :cool:

EDDNHopper
15th Mar 2004, 07:55
TvB,

you might want to stick to the facts here, please.

The equipment usually operated on this route is a Swiss PrivatAir 319. Maintenance by LH.

Check here:
PrivatAir (http://www.privatair.com/home.html)

and here (in German):
Lufthansa/PrivatAir (http://cms.lufthansa.com/fly/de/de/inf/0,4976,0-0-1084464,00.html)

Also, as we are not on JB, I found your "hosties´" remark somewhat incongruous...

JEP
15th Mar 2004, 08:07
Just at question - has Germany implemented JAR-FCL yet ??

I know they had not a few years ago - on PPL's at least.

TvB
15th Mar 2004, 08:50
EDDNHopper

So what? Is Private Air = Lufthansa? I don't think so... Do they operate as Lufthansa (conduct their flight under LH call sign)? Yes, they do.

Can't see your point. All was factual as this is one of the neat games you can play in todays deregulated Europe.

Now, question:
Why do you think Lufthansa does not operate these flights themselves? Don't they have enough aircraft? - Don't think so!

Do they not have enough qualified crews? Well looking at the recent schedules of some of them I happen to know, I don't think so either...

About incongruous remarks: yes ???

JEP:

JAR-FCL are implemented but there's still a lot of confusion.

For PPL transfer you need, 200 hrs, a valid (German) medical, a (German) radio licence, a theoretical test, and some hours with a certified instructor signing you off.

:ok:

EDDNHopper
15th Mar 2004, 14:12
TvB,

sorry, thought you had also indicated a safety compromise in your first post, which I failed to spot in this particular case, but I might not have read your post carefully enough and misinterpreted it.

hart744
20th Mar 2004, 20:37
Here are the facts:

The pilots are on secondment from LH. They were all mainline pilots and we were all invited to bid.

In German, we use the words "flugbegleiter" or "flugbegleiterin" to describe flight attendants. The one with the "in" at the end is for female.

DBate
23rd Mar 2004, 00:22
Sorry to correct you, but the pilots flying the Airbus Jets from PrivatAir are not on a secondment from LH.

The only LH pilot there are currently flying the B737 Jet on the routing MUC-EWR-MUC.

There was no secondment for the other LH routings operated by PrivatAir.

Greets, DBate